Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-04-2003, 07:05 AM   #1
Radek
Red Dragon

After completing the shrine and killing Bloodbeard, Tia become guild level 6 in Bushi Dojo.
"So, I will train again. The Deathstrike skill. I haven't trained for a long time."
"It will be done soon. You have Deathstrike 9 already."
"What will we do now?"
"First, the shore of the sea behind the shrine."
"Damned! The sharks again!"
"It won't be such horror as it was before, Tia. Haven't you noticed that you have 440 HP now? Well, you will have to heal yourself but a bit of wisdom will be enough for safe surviving of all fights."
"A bit of wisdom? Haven't you noticed so far that I have INT 24? I am wise and not only a bit."
"Hmmmmmm..."
"And then?"
"Then you will go to Collasium and..."
"You must be mad."
"Mad? Why do you think I am mad?"
"Look, I am a character from W&W. I am not a Prince of Persia. Collasium is nothing else than a Prince of Persia. You can't get anywhere. You will be hanging somewhere all the time and trying to dodge your way somehow through all that rubble. Rrrraughhh! And moreover, I cannot use the water breather. I cannot use any item. Right?
We will do it otherwise: I will wait in the inn and you will go to Collasium and fetch the tablets. Right?"
"As far as the breather is concerned, you don't need it. You have Athletics 12 and the Iron Lung trait. You can pass only with the Breath of Air and the Restore Health spells easily. Even without the trait, you would pass. Athletics 12 is enough. And Tia, I cannot go to Collasium for the tablets."
"Why not. Well, you do not have Athletics 12 but you can get the trait from the Ring of Neptune, too. Where's the problem?"
"I have no inventory. Have you ever seen a research worker with an inventory? There are always enough money for weapons and for paying off frauds of so called 'elite' but there are no money for education and research. Never. That's why we have no inventories. I cannot bring the tablets from Collasium, Tia. They do not fit into pockets."
"Oh, well. Poor Tia. Everything has to be done by him. What would you do without me?"
"I don't know."

Tia finished the shore and got the tablets from Collasium. Then he fought his way to the Pyramid and restored the missing tablets there. The way to the Pyramid was free.
"I'll be a zenmaster soon."
"Yes. Changing a role to a zenmaster is advantageous for you."
"Isn't it always an advantage to become a zenmaster?"
"No. It depends on your stats. A 'mixed role' character does not have the same stats as a 'single role' characters. Look at yourself. You have Speed 22, which is more than you should have as a barbarian. Perhaps, the ninja role causes it. On the other hand, you have a very low Parry stat. Your Hit stat isn't great, too. Perhaps, the warlock role is causing it.
A zenmaster is gaining stats lightning fast. It could happen easily that your stats become better than your current stats, even if you are a very high level barbarian. That's why you'd better become a zenmaster.
If you reset adventures after becoming a barbarian, you would be a 'single role' character. You would have Speed 20 and much better values for Hit and Parry. It would be a question whether the zenmaster role would be able to compensate for stat losses after your becoming a level 1 zenmaster enough soon. Most likely, it would be a better idea to remain a barbarian to the end of the game."
"I see. Good. I'll be a zenmaster."

Tia become a zenmaster and returned into the Pyramid. He reached the portal near the Cet's lair.
"Now, I click the portal and the Pyramid closes. We won't be able to leave it until the end of the game."
"Yes. But beware of two nasty traps."
"Which traps?"
"First, divide your Holy Water flasks to single flasks. If you have a 'group' of flasks and if you offer the group to Kerah, she will take ALL the flasks from the group at once. If it was the only group of flasks you had and if you fail to heal Kerah, then you are in troubles."
"Done. The flasks are divided to individual flasks."
"Second, do not allow Kerah to fly. You'll be able to fight her while she is flying but you'll be unable to give her the Holy Water. Once she get cursed by Cet, go to her and wait near her."
"Is it possible to kill Kerah?"
"No. Kerah is cheating. If you were equipped with the best weapons available then you would see that Kerah is losing HP only to some minimal value. All your subsequent effort would be futile. It's not the Angel Guardian trait! Kerah has several hunderds of HP when she stops losing them."
"I see. I'm going to click the portal now. Right?"
"Do it, Tia."

Tia clicked the portal, fought and cured Kerah and then headed to the lair.
"Ha! We are stuck! I cannot fight neither with the sword nor with the staff! I cannot equip items! And the Black Power spell is red!"
"You are right, Tia. You cannot finish the game without breaking the rules. I have overdone them. Well, equip the sword and kill Cet with it. But only Cet."
"What a pity! Well, I will kill Cet with the sword."

So it had been done. Cet was killed by the sword. The sword was given to Anephas and Tia was teleported to Brimloch Roon. The game was finished.

THE END [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2003, 08:12 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Wowzah, Radek!!!

I was wondering how Tia was going to do in Cet without a weapon!
I thoroughly enjoyed Tia's whole story!!!

Wyv
Old 06-04-2003, 08:36 AM   #3
jsalsb
Elminster

Well, thanks for Advanced W&W Strategy 601 (masters level!). Very informative.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:33 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Many thanks, Radek, for an informative journey through the Gael Serran! A challenging game, and a sneaky conclusion.

I'll keep many of those tips with me for my next game.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 09:47 AM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

Already? Oh my, you have been busy. [img]smile.gif[/img] Excellent story Radek, from the beginning to the end. I must admit I have printed all your stories for safe keeping. Excellent Radek. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] Now don't you lose this story and mark my words! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-04-2003, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 02:46 PM   #6
bsftcs
Red Dragon

You sure type fast, Radek. I have not been online for 32 hours and already you have posted two chapters. Thank you very much for taking us on that journey. I enjoyed it thoroughly. What a shame it is alreay over.
Old 06-11-2003, 02:49 PM   #7
Queen Kalindra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

That was more entertaining than the last four D&D novels I read! Please tell me Tia killed the Sphinx, too!
Old 06-12-2003, 03:46 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

Naturally. That 1 million of XP had not to be missed