Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-30-2003, 06:05 AM   #1
Radek
Red Dragon

"And now... NOW...! I am a s-t-e-a-m r-o-l-l-e-r and I will make a goo from e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g that dares..."
"Be so kind, Tia, and stop boasting. Be so kind once more and return on the ground."
"You seem not to believe me. Look! Firestorm."
A rain of red-hot fireballs fell from the sky on a poor troll mangu nearby. The troll was unable even to realize what's going on and died. The rain of fireballs continued hammering the ground for a while and then ceased. Tia earned about 500 XP and lost 100 mana points.
"- - -"
"- - -"
"- - -"
"Okay, okay. I cannot enjoy my spells. I am weak like a cobweb. Naturally! What should I expect from someone who isn't..."
"Cut it short, Tia. You are far from weak. If you were allowed to equip blessed weapons and armor then you would be a real steam roller now. Nothing would be able to resist you simply because everything would be dead as fast as the troll was. Any kind of challenge would be gone forever.
But, I am sure, you want a challenge. The challenge consists in your AC 0 forever and your bad magic resistances to most of magical attacks. A single strong opponent isn't too dangerous to you but a pack of seemingly weak opponents with a strong physical attack and a high attack value will show you a roller. Wait for Brimloch Roon. Three sea sharks or a pack of forest raptors will be more dangerous to you than a temple guardian."
"I see. Yes, I want a challenge."

Tia finished the Shurugeon Castle and gained the Merchant trait. He took the Assassin's Daggers from his chest and gained Deathstrike 9. Tia was amused by the fact that he is paid for the training: he sold the daggers at higher price that he bought them back.
"Hihihihihi..."
"It's a result of your WIL 24, Tia."
"The Merchant trait depends on WIL?"
"Yes, your advantage is WIL + 5 percent both during selling items and during buying them. I have checked it."

Tia cleared the Stout Mines. He found the Dragon Ore and gained the mail.
"What's this? Is it of any use?"
"No. Sell it. First, you are forbidden to equip it in this game. Second, you cannot equip it at all because you are an Omphaaz. And third, there are better plate mails in the game. If you want to see the best plate mail in the game then check the Valkyrie chest in the inn."
"The Plate of the Realm?"
"Yes."
"I saw it. Nice, nice..."

The Dragon Spire dungeon was entered, as usual, by vanishing past the bronze nonsense near the entrance to the dungeon. Tia reached the Erathsmedor's room without any problems.
"Rrrrraughhh! If I recall all those stupid fireballs...! The jester cannot be even vanished away, not speaking about attacking it!"
"You can attack it now, Tia."
"Is it possible now?? Goooooood! I am saying all the time that somebody should notify Erathsmedor that firing fireballs on peaceful people below isn't a good idea. The notification is coming! Let's go!"
"You can see the ceremony first. Tia. Don't you want to see it?"
"Okay, why not."
Tia waited until Erathsmedor opened the door leading to the Mavin Sword. Then he attacked. He saw immediately that Erathsmedor is a tough and dangerous opponent. Tia had to heal himself again and again but his fists were punching Erathsmedor without mercy. Finally, Erathsmedor fell.
Tia took the Mavin Sword and the contents of the chests and left the Dragon Spire.

"Do you know, Tia, that the story has just reached you?"
"Which story?"
"The story I am posting on the phorum all the time."
"Oh my god. What are you doing all the time?"
"Writing about Tia, the brave omphaaz that plays the game solo, at highest difficulty level, and without any weapons or armor."
"Oh my god..."
"I don't think it's a disaster. Be brave, Tia."
Old 05-30-2003, 07:54 AM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Good story as usual. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2003, 09:02 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

LOL Radek! Pure excellence [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] . We simply must save this story! Enjoyment AND a tutorial with several known and unknown facts with plnty agood hints. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 09:49 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Another excellent run! I'd be worried about Tia deciding it's time to get back at you, Radek [img]smile.gif[/img]

Keep 'em coming!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 10:59 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Bravo!!!

Entertaining AND Educational!!! Good job!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote