Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-03-2003, 10:26 AM   #1
Radek
Red Dragon

Tia prepared the Dispel Undead spell and entered Skull Castle. Then he used the spell again and again and sent the undeads back to their coffins and graves by dozens.
"Some undeads are immune to the spell. Why?"
"Tainted Spectres and Scathing Spirits are immune. Also, some specials, like the Spirit of Warrior or the Spirit of Rumphy from the Valeia Crypt, are immune. All of them are undeads: look at the XP you are gaining for killing them. Why they are immune, I don't know. Perhaps, the authors of the game did not want the spell so universal."

Tia passed the small maze at the end of one of the water currents and entered the room above. He looks at the chest there unfriendly.
"A chest? A high level sphix! This wouldn't matter but the sphix is positioned too low in the chest so that it's difficult to target it. You have to wait for short moments when one of its antennas is sticking out of the side of the chest."
"Bsftcs has found out an amusing trick, Tia. You can Vanish the sphix out of his chest! Now it's time to enjoy the trick. Open the chest and cast Vanish on the sphix. Go to him but go such a way so that you won't return to the chest. You won't need to target its antennas any more."
"Ha! Good! I'll do it that way."

After reaching G'Ezzered Ra, Tia took the Dungeon Key from him and approached the drawbridge puzzle.
"Noooooo! There are only a few places in the game which I hate more. Do something! I refuse jumping like a flea from one piece of the bridge to another. Anyway, I am an elephant and not a flea. Have you ever seen an elephant jumping like a flea?"
"No, I haven't and I don't want you to jump like a flea. Look, all pieces of the bridges are now down. You will jump down to the water and swim to the north bridge. There you will climb on the bridge - it's possible - and then you will climb a chain near the exit to the north part of the dungeon. It's easily possible as well. Once you reach the north part of the dungeon, you will click all three bridge control levers there. ALL parts of the bridges will go up. No need of jumping like a flea any more. But this is not all.
There are levers in the north part, which open the way to the side parts of the dungeon. The triggers that put the monsters in the side parts into life seem to be on the bridge. Therefore, if you avoid the bridge and come through the junctions instead, the monsters will be sleeping."
"Ahh, I like sleeping monsters. I like to attack the parts where their backs lose their honourable names. Hihihihi."

Tia finished Skull Castle and opened the way to the shrine. He created a portal there, returned to the town, took the Darkened One and the Leprechaun quests, and entered the shrine. He fought his way to Kerah, took the small light obelisk and the Clover of Stone and teleported back to the town.
"Do not forget the Sword of Mavin and the Signet Ring before you return to the shrine, Tia."
"Is it necessary to have the sword and the ring?"
"No. If you won't have them in the moment when you recreate Anephas, then he will keep a bit different speech to you, that's all. He will let you out no matter whether you have the sword or not. But, perhaps it's better to be the True Champion. You should be the True Champion."
"I see. Okay, I take the sword."

Tia recreated Anephas and listened to his speech.
"Oh my god. Aaaaaanephas! ... Ariiiise! ... And what nonsense he has put on his head! And that goatee! Impossible! Look, I am going to cast Burn at his goatee! That will be fun."
"It does not work, Tia. He is immune to everything now."
"To everything? And if I kick the light obelisks and put an end to his 'hallowed be light'?"
"It does not work, too. Sorry. He is here, including the goatee and the nonsense on his head. Sorry."
"What a pity. Really."
Old 06-03-2003, 02:21 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

ROTFLMAO! Elephants jumping like fleas! Gotta love it!

And I will store that chain trick away for my next game. I really despise that drawbridge puzzle... [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 02:55 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

hehehehe

Another terrific chapter!!!

Wyv
Old 06-03-2003, 04:42 PM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Radek:
Tia recreated Anephas and listened to his speech.
"Oh my god. Aaaaaanephas! ... Ariiiise! ... And what nonsense he has put on his head! And that goatee! Impossible! Look, I am going to cast Burn at his goatee! That will be fun."
"It does not work, Tia. He is immune to everything now."
"To everything? And if I kick the light obelisks and put an end to his 'hallowed be light'?"
"It does not work, too. Sorry. He is here, including the goatee and the nonsense on his head. Sorry."
"What a pity. Really."
ROTFL Radek. I see Tia has a thing for NPCs. Can't wait to see which behind he will thump in the end. Great story again Radek. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 08:21 AM   #5
jsalsb
Elminster

Thanks for explaining to me why I've encountered chorus-line-like rows of immobile skeletons near the chain bridges!
Old 06-04-2003, 02:37 PM   #6
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Marvellous, really marvellous, Radek. And educational... I cannot wait to try out the new tricks.

Thank you very much for mentioning me. I really appreciate it. And it is a nice trick, is it not?

Wow I have been mentioned by the Narrator in Radek's story. The great narrator and storyteller with the knowledge of the unknown in the Gael Serran. This is a day to remember.