Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2002, 05:43 AM   #1
don_carlo_uk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My blade seems to ignore the effects of mirror image when in offensive spin mode. i've been looking carefully and its not that shes attacking so quick they all get errased and its not some extra magic damage (fire etc) getting through. The mirror image is just ignored amnd the attacks get through normally. I have noticed this happening once or twice when i'm fairly sure they had stoneskin on as well.
Is this a bug? i'm pretty well patched up i think and have TOB installed. Is it some kindoff of thievery illusion seeing thing? I've never had a PC bard before so i dont know what the score is completely.

Any ideas guys?
Old 03-08-2002, 05:52 AM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well it might b a bug because I played a bard all the way through SoA and ToB and both spells worked just fine for me
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 06:06 AM   #3
don_carlo_uk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

sorry i meant to make it clear that it was when the blade was attacking someone with stoneskin or mirror image. The blades spells work fine on herself. But for mages she attacks in OS mode they seem to have no effect.
Old 03-08-2002, 06:12 AM   #4
Glorfindel

Well thats a bit of good luck .... but its still probably a bug.... cause that didnt happen for me either..
Old 03-08-2002, 09:29 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I notice it too--it doesn't have to be a Bard, and it doesn't have to be melee, in fact you can see it better with arrows: Sometimes the real Mage will get hit while his illusions are unharmed.

You know how Thieves can dispel illusions, provided they've put some points into Detect Illusion and you turn their Find Traps on? Well, I've heard that characters with high INT (such as your Blade) can do the same thing, albeit on a smaller scale. They just naturally figure out which Mage is the real one.

This isn't the only instance of things going on in the background: In PnP Dungeons & Dragons, Thieves and Bards have the skill of Climb Walls. Believe it or not, this is actually implemented in ToB: There are some ladders in Amkethran, and if your DEX is too low or your encumbrance is too high, your characters will fall on their ass and get hurt a bit. The game is actually rolling and checking the roll against each character's Climb Walls ability, even though you didn't even know they had one.

I wish I could sound so educated about the Stoneskin part of your question, though.
Old 03-08-2002, 09:36 PM   #6
Glorfindel

But if you read the description of Mirror Image it does say that ther is a chance that it might hit the real thing.... its the stoneskin that Im wondering about..... it must have somethin 2 do with a bug.
Old 03-08-2002, 10:33 PM   #7
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
But if you read the description of Mirror Image it does say that ther is a chance that it might hit the real thing.... its the stoneskin that Im wondering about..... it must have somethin 2 do with a bug.

IIRC, if you hit a mage with mirror image, each "mage" has the same chance to be hit. I.e., if you have 4 images, there will be a 20% chance that the real mage is hit.
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote