Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2002, 02:55 PM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

or, in French, something like "Le Pact des Lupes" - obviously I don't speak french, and my knowledge of the Spanish and English articles doesn't help any.

Nevertheless, this is a fantastic movie, and one you should see. It's in French, and the fight scenes are a la Crouching Tiger (very well done, I might add). The cinematography is great and the special effects will leave you impressed - I didn't check out the creds to see who did the effects, but wow. Moreover, there are (surprisingly, given the trailers for the movie here in US) a lot of social/courtly scenes - again, done very well. Jane Austin meets Mary Shelley meets Hong Kong Action, all set in pre-revolutionary France.
Old 10-02-2002, 03:08 PM   #2
Rokenn
Galvatron

This is an amazing movie. Be prepared for some serious gore though

Also if you are a wolf lover it can be pretty distrubing. When I went and saw it with my GF she was very upset by some of the scenes.
Old 10-02-2002, 04:33 PM   #3
The Trickster
Manshoon

I have wanted to see this for a long time, but it never came to Australia cinemas, and I haven't seen it at the video store yet either. I might just order it from the states, as it sounds like my cup of tea.
<br /><br />Movie Reviewer for Ironworks Gaming<br />Hero of Icewind Dale and alias to The Nameless One, Gordon Freeman, Garrett, Elayna Sedai, Cate Archer, Child of Bhaal, J.C Denton and Patrick Galloway.<br />Leader in the war against commercial music.
The Trickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 05:39 PM   #4
Darkman

Yes I saw this wonderful film last spring. A unique movie unlike most of the crap in the American theatres. I wonder when it comes out on dvd
Old 10-02-2002, 06:43 PM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

Damn search function!!!
There were a few topics on this movie before, I wish I could search for them because I don't feel like typing it all out again
Anyway I loved that movie (Le Pacte Des Loups is French title), really very good in all respects: acting, actors, filming, decors, plotline, special effects, camera... [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2002, 07:19 PM   #6
the sauceman
Zhentarim Guard

I work at a video rental store in the US, and BOTW is by far the best foreign film I have seen in a long while. But thankfully, it isnt as gory as some US films, those are garbage. An example would be Hannibal, which had gore for gores sake. Unlike the excellent Silence of the Lambs, Hanibal was all about shocking the audience, which I find extremely stupid.

Sorry to rant, but some of the movies Ive seen lately are horrible, and I had to get it off my chest. Thanks eveyone! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and by the way, BOTW is out on DVD in the US now.

[ 10-02-2002, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: the sauceman ]
Old 10-03-2002, 01:29 AM   #7
Darkman

Quote:
Originally posted by the sauceman:
Oh, and by the way, BOTW is out on DVD in the US now.
Awesome. I'll have to pick it up tomorrow
Old 10-03-2002, 01:47 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I have said this in two threads already, but I will say it again. BotW rocks!
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 05:59 AM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I think the end of that movie was a bit dissapointing.
Old 10-07-2002, 05:16 AM   #10
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Awesome movie! (Even if its in French.. actually I think its good BECAUSE its in French..)
It doesnt beat Taxi as the best foreign movie I've ever seen, but its still pretty damn good.