Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-26-2007, 09:05 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

A brief peasant update for you...

The last peasant is about to change classes! After many, many long days and nights, Lightfingers (a 25th level rogue) is finally ready to change classes and become a bard! She's been picking up those last few attribute points, and finally got within striking distance, gaining that last spirituality point via an ankh. Tonight, it will be back into Brimloch Roon, and then over to Shurugeon Castle and parts yonder.

About time, too... the peasants have finally entered Cet's pyramid tomb [img]smile.gif[/img]

On one hand, it's quite refreshing to be able to face things like lagoon piranha and dispatch them with a single blow instead of beating the water senseless

Speaking of parts yonder, I realized last night that when Eljayess became a warlock, she never went back to Valeia to do those temple quests. Upon completion, I can confirm that you get ancient lore/artifacts at level three in the temple, and cabalist/bless at level 4. I've been waiting for someone to be able to enchant rings and brass cuffs and such... every plus of protection on those items is +1 AC

Among the other peasants, Periwinkle is the uber character. She's now in her fourth class, having gone Wizard > Assassin > Bard > Samurai. And she's two SPI away from Ranger... yeah, fletchery! Ermm... at least, if she's level 5. She may not be... At least she's done with that !#$%@%^@ Robinsword, and back over to a Nightblade [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Peri, Gruhntella, and Sniffer are all pretty much level 12 in their primary and secondary weapons, as well as the second weapon skill. Amazing how much you can train when you can't change classes...

The bittersweet part about Lightfingers finally being able to change class is that we also just picked up the last of the Zenmaster tomes... *SOMEONE* is going to be a zenmaster soon! That may be Eljayess or Flicker... they've both got a long way to go before they can change classes again.

We did have one tremendously fun and exciting battle. It took place in the waters in the southwest Lost Sea, where the peasants were looking for that one chest that's buried in the water. Hint: It's in the south*EAST* part of the Lost Sea... [img]smile.gif[/img]

While we were close to the shore, a pack of sea sharks came up... along with a trio of crabs... and a trio of SAND CRAWLERS! Man, are they hard to beat when they're walking on water... Many casualties were suffered, many rebirth scrolls were used, and more than 50,000 XP were gained.

But we didn't just battle land creatures on the water! We also had a batch of razor gills that grew lungs, and waited for the peasants near the shoreline.

One other interesting thing we learned... the mermaids in Collasseum carry rings of Mariin like the serpent temple priests carry gold coins. And every one of those is a point of INT for a wizard type... Flicker and Eljayess are approaching 24 in INT now [img]smile.gif[/img]

More later as we close things up...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:30 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

The ever exciting adventures of the Peasants!!!

How would you rant this game compared to others you've played??

Obviously much harder - but in terms of FUN and things LEARNED and that excitement one feels when any minute might indeed be the last??
Old 03-26-2007, 02:32 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

How would I rant it, Wyv? Completely... it deserves full ranting

As for rating it... it is truly more enjoyable, since the end result is not foregone. Prior to entering Cet's pyramid, I thought things were well in hand... then during the opening battle with the half-dozen or so scarab and royal mummies, the party was nearly wiped out, and several characters died. Just enough to make you remember that your characters *aren't* immortal... not like in a normal game.

It's certainly harder than the Solo Warrior game. At least there, Missy Hissy started out with decent stats and could change guilds soon enough.

It's also a lot harder than the Den of Thieves game, since they at least started with decent stats and skills. That inability to hit anything at the start was ridiculous!

As for fun, excitement, and learning... those have been way up. The moment when the peasants died the first time and Forrest Lump had to be created to save them... I can't begin to describe the emotional feeling. They were dead... really. Gone.

And learning... it's amazing how many new little things I've picked up. Like the mermaids and rings of Mariin... I've been *WAITING* for those to show up, and they're there for the purchasing! Or the flimsiness of a Robinsword... I never ran into *that* before!

The challenge of not knowing what quests are going to be available... that's made it a lot harder than I expected. About the only shining spot is that Sabastio still can't remember that we already did the Aegis quest... but it doesn't matter for much.

For all the challenges, this game has been the most enjoyable in a long time. There is no element of demi-god character status at the end of the game, and that makes it all the more enjoyable.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:21 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!!

Typos are so great!! hehehe

I rather thought you've been enjoying the peasants a lot!!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote