Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-11-2006, 12:46 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

A bloody journey tonight, folks. The peasants started off in Ishad N'ha, where Flitter and Periwinkle leveled up. I checked... Flitter needs 15 more attribute points, Eljayess 16, and Periwinkle 17 to become a warlock. We're hauling around extra spider eggs and skulls just for the occastion... Unfortunately, we don't have enough ankhs to really help the process, but there are about 5 points in there. Flicker picks up another 10 rebirth scrolls, just in case.

They stop in at the town hall, but there's nothing else to do. No mission for the bronze beast, no Brahmar bandits on the other side... nothing. Man, did I mess with the game internals or what?

Anyway, levels up and peasants trained (much to the amusement of the masters... reminds me of when I saw a 5-year-old kid with a red belt in Tang Soo Do...), they headed off to the Castle to do battle and get the last elements.

They picked up Ardibren's element first off (remember that two others are already in place), then headed over to the locked room where Haleabus summons the spirits. I was nervous about this, but the peasants weren't; they're not smart enough to know fear...

We set the trigger, then ran and hid in a corner while the spirits came. One was right on top of us -- no room there!

We took a look around, when Periwinkle says she thinks she can hit one spirit way over there with a meteorstorm. What the heck, says everyone else. All we can do is die, right? She casts... and it works! Spirits are dropping! Well, except for those over here...

Eljayess casts a meteorstorm in another corner, and soon there are only four spirits, all in our line of sight. Of course, we're in *their* line of sight too, and they cast spells... shock, zap, lightning... not fun.

Flicker casts a dispell undead, then another. It works, but not fast... so on to swords and spells! A few minutes later, the last spirit disappears into ectoplasm, and the peasants high-five their great abilities. No one died!!!

They clear the chests, then move on. It's time to deal with Lysandra and the element in the catacombs... but first, there's the little matter of Asterix. Or Acengetorix. Or Aldebaranix. Or whatever his name is...

Guess what?!?! His favorite spell *isn't* elemental blast! Yay!!!! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

It's flamestrike. Just as damaging in close range

Well, let's beat him up. Gruhntella and Sniffer, you beat him with swords. Periwinkle and Eljayess, cast some spells. Lightfingers and Flicker... do what you can.

Hmmm... sun spells don't work. Periwinkle, flip down to shock.

Whoops! She flipped... but to meteorstorm!!! RRRRUUUUNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

Oh, crap! An undead watchman just appeared behind us! Excuse us sir... just passing through...

Luckily, no one dies in the meteorstorm. Neither does the undead watchman... so they take him out. What about Asterobelix? He's on the other side of that door... let's peek... WHOOPS!

Dodge that flamestrike... let's get up close and personal. Swords and spells... Gruhntella and Sniffer, you know what to do. Eljayess and Periwinkle... you too. Flicker and Lightfingers... well, keep trying.

After a few minutes (and some close calls), Anaphylactix dies. No high-fives this time... that was work!

They open the grate and head to Lysandra... there she is! All alabaster and coal... such a beautiful lady with such a bad habit. No problem... we know what we need to do, so let's all attack... Flicker, a dispell undead, if you please, and mages, ready your shocks.

Ooooh, boy. That just made her mad. And she's immune to shock. What's she casting....?

*thud*

*thud thud*

That's half the party, wiped out by a spectral raven. Wow... she's good. In a bad way. RETREAT!!!!

Gruhntella sorts through Flicker's dead body, looking for scrolls. There we are... rebirth. One... two... three... good.

Hmmm... let's immobilize her. Flicker, you heal everyone in sight. Mages, flamedrops, please...

It works... kind of! She's immobile... but what's *that* she's casting? Face of death?

*thud*

There goes Gruhntella. *Sigh* Flicker...?

Another Face of Death!!

*thud*

*Sigh* Flicker....?

After a long and drawn out battle that included running like cowards to heal, casting flamedrops from the stairs, and using flamestrike scrolls from the ceiling, Lysandra finally met her final reward. Four elements down, one to go... time to loot De Soto's chest.

The four undead samurai present a minor challenge, but they're soon wiped out without too many more deaths. We get the last element, head to the Tower of the Rite, and make a nice new !Evil Masque! [img]smile.gif[/img]

One last thing... Haleabus himself. This won't be fun... he *really* likes sun spells. Flamestrike... elemental blast... firestorm? I hope not... but we'll see.

All right. The plan is that the warriors and Lightfingers will drink bloodlust and heroic might potions before the battle. Gruhntella will give him the mask, the wizards will cast flamedrop... what the heck. Why doesn't one of you try a meteorstorm on him and see what happens?

Execute the plan. Masque... "Noooooooo!" Meteorstorm.... hey! He's taking damage!

Hit him again... and soon, he's gone. Mission accomplished... and we've still got three juiced up peasants over here in the corner, playing dodge 'em games with the shuriken that Gruhntella's been collecting. Kids, don't play with drugs... makes your mind crazy, it does [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

Got the shroud, got De Soto to say Elseramavin, and it will be off to town to sell and identify everything, and then move on to the mines.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:22 AM   #2
MJG
Dungeon Master

hey can u send me the peasants roster...
i deleted the editor....

umm host it or something or send it directly to me
MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:42 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Always an exciting episode with these Peasants!!!

As The Meteor Storms 11E/10C on W&WTV ! (lol!!)

Where can we buy the T-Shirts???
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:37 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Send me a PM with your email, MJG, and I'll get it over to you.

Hmmm... Wyv, do you want to design the T-shirts? I can picture a party, running in abject terror from a baby worgur, tripping over their feet...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:28 PM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Poor Lysandra. All she wanted was a friend... And Azgorax (that is actually his name [img]smile.gif[/img] ). Glad you made it. Another great amusing chapter. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]