Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-30-2006, 12:18 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Back into the swing of things... as I looked at the save games from last night, I thought about the peasants stuck in the ground. Were they really that stuck? Was there no other way out?

YES!!! There was!!! I forgot about Vanish... that bridger of chasms, that transporter of bodies!

All they did after getting stuck last night was to go to town, so I figured they hadn't lost much... why not try?

So we reloaded... Periwinkle and the others, stuck in the ground... Peri casts vanish... and YES!!! The peasants are free!!!

*does a little happy dance* [img]graemlins/dance2.gif[/img]

Down to the Brimloch Roon area... let's find Grue Morde. What? Spiders? Sure... let's take them out. Who's that running through the battlefield? It's Grue Morde... nah... we'll get him later.

Dispatch the spiders, on to the assassin... wouldja look at that? He's immune to Eljayess' Incinerate spells... bummer. Try a meteorstorm... man, does he have a lot of HP! Try... try... hey, his Face of Death isn't working (finally!)

Keep going... *thud*

*sigh* Flicker...? Eljayess, please.

Hmmm... we're running low on rebirth scrolls.

Hey! What's Grue Morde doing? HEALING HIMSELF???!!! Now that's not fair...

*thud*

*sigh* Flicker...? Lightfingers, please...

Eventtually they do slay him, and reap the rewards of almost 4000 XP each. Or maybe over... I forget. In any case, it turns out that Periwinkle is just 10,000 XP from another level... and that will give her Teleport, the last of the travel spells! Yay!

So we walk the gauntlet between Dragon Spire and Brimloch Roon over and over, dispatching brigands, spiders, scoundrels, swampflies, and the occasional worgur. Soon Peri levels up, and the peasants head over to the Brimloch Roon gate. Peri will create a portal there... perhaps it will still be valid when we leave the Boogre Caves.

Oh, look... that drained all her moon magic. Now she can't cast call of home... *THIS* was not part of the plans!

*sigh* on to the gauntlet again...

Eventually, they return to Ishad N'ha and complete the level up. Peri and Eljayess need to go back to get the Wizard's Guild quest for the Idol, and then it's Boogre city
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 09:28 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!! and Hurray for VANISH!!!

You haven't been keeping track of how many rebirth scrolls you've bought and used, have you?? I keep thinking of very high numbers!!
Old 09-30-2006, 11:22 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I haven't been keeping track of that... Flicker buys 10-20 at a time...

The dearth of Moon mana is going to be an issue... no "create portal-call home" pairings without a substantial time to recover mana.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote