Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-04-2006, 12:15 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Well, that was fun. NOT!

So the last place I left the peasants yesterday was just having completed the ritual of the snake and opened up the lower part of the serpent temple. We decided to head back, recharge, and run down there tonight.

As a matter of practice, I always buy Algamesh's necklace back from Kerielle and get another serpent elixir. You never know what kind of stupid thing you might do, and it's always useful to have another one.

The peasants head to the lower temple entrance, flip the lever, and jupm.... sliding, falling, and going ker-plop on the floor in the room next to Xydusa. Sure enough, a couple of temple vipers are waiting for us, but no problem... we dispatch them quickly.

On to Xydusa... and as Missy Hissy found out, it's important to get her out of the doorway, or you can't pass by her sleeping body. Doing this without her stoning you... that's tricky, but they do it after a couple of tries.

Off to hunt up Elyssia and get the snakeskin trait... I decide Flicker is going to get it, since she's the smallest (sly little pixie that she is). She gets it, and then we back away. Periwinkle has a Meteorstorm queued up for Elyssia and the priests she's about to summon, and from the door, Eljayess launches a burn spell at her... and sure enough, the other priests appear.

Except they all appear on the sides... no way to get them all with one meteorstorm. Did I mention that Periwinkle can only cast it once? Yep, that's it... so it had better count... :grrr:

We back up the stairs as the first couple of priests launch venom bites. Sure, we take a couple of hits, but the walls block the annoying stuff. Finally, Periwinkle sees Elyssia's staff sticking around the corner, so she casts meteorstorm and backs up the stairs...

... only to see those hated words! "Elyssia not affected" AAAUUUGGGHHHH!!!! Now what?!?!!? Especially since Periwinkle is out of stone mana now...

Elyssia makes it around the corner, and we can see she has taken some damage. *Whew!* She's not immune to these peasant spells... but we don't have any more meteors available. No problem... a little hand to hand, and we should be done, right?

Wrong! I forgot about the most annoying priest attack -- Locust Swarm! Yep, the gift that keeps on giving... time to run away up the stairs again, and Flicker, find a healrealm spell as quick as you can!

She tries, but too late! With the poison kicking in, and the hit points lost to the locusts, one by one the peasants fall... until only Snuffles, the Gourkh warrior, remains standing. She rummages through Flicker's pack and finds a couple of rebirth scrolls... and taking a deep breath, she uses one on Flicker. Success! Flicker lives!

So... let's try Gruhntella, and Lightfingers (can't live without someone to open chests)... looking good... so let's have Flicker try her resurrect spell on Periwinkle.... nope. Bone... and we know what that means (now, at least Try again on Eljayess... nope. More bone... and now, we don't have any offensive spellcasters (although Flicker's spellcasting is pretty offensive in general

Time to run around... only there are a couple of priests blocking the other staircase! Not wanting to get sandwiched between two sets of priests, the surviving peasants hack and slash their way through and get down to the altar again.

Whew! Apparently, a lot of priests died in the meteor storm, so it was useful after all. However, there are still some left to go... so with sword and mace in hand, the remaining peasants hack away, run away, and hack away again, until finally, Elyssia falls to the ground. Periwinkle and Eljayess miss out on the XP, but it wasn't too much. They collect everything they can, then run back to Ishad N'ha to level up and...

OH NO!!! Flicker forgot to get the Naga quest at the temple! We head in, but sure enough, she doesn't get offered that quest. At least she got the JAthil quest... and given past experiences, she took it right away. Hate to come back later and be told there's nothing for you...

So they head back, everyone breathing again and Flicker armed with a bagfull of Rebirth scrolls. Worth their weight in gold, those things are... especially now that it's time to hit the Naga Queen.

Only... she's not there! Can't find her... and we're patrolling, Periwinkle armed with her Meteorstorm spell.... oh, look, some monkeys... okay, back it down to burn... okay, let's keep looking...

Lightfingers has a brilliant idea! We've still got another potion from Kerielle, so let's use it on Xydusa again, and put her back to sleep so we can attack....

Only here comes yet another nesting spider... and in the course of battle, Lightfingers uses Kerielle's elixir on the spider! No such luck... and we're now out of elixir! Time to duke it out, but we still can't find Xydusa...

Turns out she went to the first of the elevator rooms... so Periwinkle casts meteor storm... only another nesting spider appeared, so now we've got two battles! Xydusa doesn't fall under the meteor attack, but we're running away so as not to get beaten...and being chased by the @%$^&#^&*#% spider!!!

We get far enough away, kill the spider, find Xydusa again, and finally manage to slay her. Gruhntella, Snuffles, and Lightfingers level up with those 14,000 XP... the spellcasters still have a ways to go

Time to start heading into the Shurugeon Castle area... and we all know what that means, don't we? Salads... *Definitely* not what the peasants are up for. We'll have to see what we do there... in the meantime, it's off to bed for me.

'Night all!

[ 09-04-2006, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:41 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Wow!!!

How exciting!!! I was on the edge of my seat through the whole narrative!!!

Your peasants sure are fun!!!!

I'm very glad that they are YOUR peasants!

MORE!!!!

(oh dear - SALADS!!! THEY WILL HUNT YOU DOWN!!!)

[ 09-04-2006, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Wyvern ]
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:43 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

oh!!! It just occurred to me that your 13th episode will be the SALADS -

How fitting!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2006, 02:20 PM   #4
the Dark Neighbor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Bungleau, you've more backbone than me if you plan to take out the salads with your band of peasant rabble. But, I guess the challenge is what makes it fun. Many good stories such as yours are about a group of unlikely heroes beating the odds.

I once played a lone elven wizard, Wilhelm, who used ONLY stone magic, and I can tell you, I'd NEVER want to face those mean-green-mothers again without the Burning Haze spell and a crapload of Cure Poison spells. And as a warning, Meteorstorm just didn't work well for me against those guys. Willy just had to avoid those leafy SOBs until he learned Petrification [img]smile.gif[/img] .

BTW... Wilhelm only made it as far as the Stout Mines before he realized he wasn't going to get anywhere without the Illumination spell (weapon shops seem to have a limited number of torches and lanterns for sale ) And he also couldn't use Pry scrolls for some reason; apparently you have to at least have the Vinecraft skill for them to work. Willy had to try and bash open every single chest (Stonegrave traps always resulted in several reloads). Perhaps word of Willy's misadventures would help your peasants stay alive? But then again, your peasants at least had the sense to go out in a group rather than having just one idiot wizard trying to do it alone!
the Dark Neighbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:00 PM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Another great and thrilling chapter. Keep them coming. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]