Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 08-27-2006, 11:49 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

A bit of gaming last night, and perhaps more tonight.

Last night was pretty much just doing the Rumphy, getting XP to level up. I'm not reloading at level-ups, so those one-attribute-point increases really, really suck...

Remember I said that they needed to go buy some more Stone to Flesh potions? Well, there aren't any more in town... none at all. So now the Wizards, Eljayess and Periwinkle, are studying furiously so they can both learn Stone to Flesh. Periwinkle gets it on her next level up, and Eljayess will get it after that.

Until then, however, it really becomes a drag when Rumphy decides to stone someone. First it was Lightfingers, and after carrying her stoned rat butt back to town, Gruhntella, the Gourkh warrior decided to have a hit as well.

Problem with Gruhntella is she's the only one with Dex over 10, and has the best chance of hitting that barn wall. She still only makes it about every four swings, but that's better than everyone else... and that sure slowed down the Rumphy-killing

Oh, and remember how I said we needed to go get that last Priest quest? Apparently it's now lost... it doesn't show in the quest log, and Flicker the Fairie cleric gets told there's nothing else to do... I hope that's not a side-effect from the peasant game. Unfortunately, I'll have to start a new game to figure that one out.

Aside from that, the biggest issue is where to apply those skill and attribute points. It's easy for Lightfingers... skills to traps and locks and attributes to DEX. Sorcery and WIL for spellcasters, sword and DEX for warriors...

I'm thinking, though, that we should really be applying points to INT. I mean, that's their best chance of getting more skill points... they won't be changing classes for a long, long time. I'm switching the wizards over there... we'll see what happens next with it.

So everyone levelled up, and we're still doing the Rumphy until we've got some decent skills and spells. Either that, or until it takes too many rounds of Rumphying to level up. It's going to be a long, long game...

More tonight...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:39 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Good old Rumphy!!! What would you do without him???

Hope you haven't lost that priests' quest (although it would seem that you have )

I agree that points to INT would be a good idea but I'm sure that with peasants that's a tough decision - they're just so NEEDY!!! lol!!!

GAME ON!!!!
Old 08-28-2006, 11:11 AM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'm going to go back tonight and see if maybe the ring of the saints is up there, and it just didn't show in the quest log. Perhaps there will be some kind of trigger for it later on, but I fear I'm stuck.
-+-+-+
Old 08-28-2006, 01:48 PM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Sometimes these quests just "vanish" without any plausible explanation. I suppose there could be all sorts of triggers for this. But it would be really interesting to know what they are.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:30 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Something where you completed the quest ahead of time (like opening the ward at Anephas' Shrine) makes sense, but the Ring doesn't show up until you get the quest.

I'll have to see...
-+-+-+