Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 08-22-2006, 01:19 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Not much gaming tonight... had too much other stuff to do. Still, headed down to the crypt to do the Rumphy...

Okay. This is ridiculous. The peasants have a hard enough time hitting solid object, like trolls and raiders. It's even harder hitting soft objects, like slimes. Flying bats? Fuhgeddaboudit.

So beating on ghostly haze? Oh, yeah, that's a wispy piece of joy!

I kid you not... easily one hit every 30 or 40 swings. And magic still isn't working on Rumphy, and I set that stupid meteor as a quick spell again, dagnabbit!

But! Eventually! Hard work paid off, and the peasants sent Rumphy back down to his grave! Enough XP for Periwinkle to level up, so they headed back to town to sell swords and let her level up.

'Course, during that battle with Rumphy they had one slight mishap... and it wasn't Periwinkle for a change! Ol' Lightfingers zigged when she should have zagged, and Rumphy turned her to stone. Flitter the cleric still had one stone to flesh potion left, so Lightfingers came back, but we've *definitely* go to pick up a couple more of those [img]smile.gif[/img]

And to get that last cleric quest, too. Flitter will be real proud when she's all done with her quests, and old Lightfinger hasn't even started yet...

Well, since we forgot about that, we headed back to the crypt and did the Rumphy again. Lots more lousy swinging, and eventually, the ghost fell a second time. Lightfinger was able to level up, and I suspect that if Rumphy dies one more time, everyone else will be set.... but we'll see how that goes.

I did discover that I read the manual wrong... it's not SPI that dictates how quickly you regenerate mana, but WIL. And everyone's got... you guessed it... none. *sigh* Had I only known...

Not much else happening tonight. It's a lot of hack and slash to build XP and levels. Then maybe.... just maybe... they'll be able to hit the ground on purpose... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:40 AM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Poor old Rumphy. I wonder how many times he has been dispatched now. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2006, 04:44 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

A gazillion times more or less!

That's what he's for!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote