Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2002, 04:19 PM   #1
Gammit
Elminster

I just saw this movie the other night. A little weird at first (as I couldn't figure out why the voices didn't match the actors' lips (it's a French movie and was overdubbed in English)), but then I grew to really like it by the end. Anybody else see it?
Old 12-01-2002, 06:15 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Try to catch the subbed version. I watched BotW and I liked it very much.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 08:08 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Actually, i found the end rather dissapointing.
Old 12-02-2002, 02:23 AM   #4
The Trickster
Manshoon

I'll be reviewing this real soon. Stay tuned.

Definitely watch the non-dubbed French version if you can Gammit.

I agree with you Johnny, the ending was a bit of an anti-climax! But it sure was fun getting there.
<br /><br />Movie Reviewer for Ironworks Gaming<br />Hero of Icewind Dale and alias to The Nameless One, Gordon Freeman, Garrett, Elayna Sedai, Cate Archer, Child of Bhaal, J.C Denton and Patrick Galloway.<br />Leader in the war against commercial music.
The Trickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 03:29 AM   #5
Neuromancer
Manshoon

Saw it a couple of months ago. I can say that it became one of my favorites straight away. I agree with Dundee - deff. watch subbed version.
Overall, I think that french movies are rising in quality again - even with Luc Besson doing very mediocre stuff recently.
Anybody watched Les Rivières pourpres (Crimson rivers) ? It's worth seeing , If not for great camera & atmosphere , then for Jean Reno's acting.

Neuro