Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2003, 06:50 AM   #1
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

1. I've recently joined the Telvanni after rising to Archmage of the mages guild. (Weird? Yes.) I've recieved a quest to retrieve a silver staff of something-or-other from a patron at the Sadrith Mora mages guild hall. There doesn't appear to be a means of wresting the staff from the woman who has it through the dialogue. Do i have to kill her? Are there any other telvanni quests that conflict with the mages quild?

2. Is there a spell effect that can be used to nullify the spell reflection abilities of some daedra? Are there any spells that automatically bypass this ability? (Apart from soul trap.) I have a staff with a dispel-when-strikes enchantment on it but this does not appear to work.

3. [Construction set question] In the weapon, armour and clothing tabs of the object window is a column labelled 'enchantment'. I am assuming that this value represents the enchantment potential of the relative object but the values in this column do not match with the values in the game. If my assumption is correct, what formulae are used to dertermine the in-game value from the CS value?

[Edit: Spoiler tag.]

[ 04-20-2003, 06:53 AM: Message edited by: Sever ]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 06:57 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

1. who is the woman? just kill her. since it is the telvanni thing to do. it won't effect anything .

2. it doesn't work because the spell will reflect back to you.

3. the in game value depends highly on the item enchantment point and the soul in the soul gem. while the one that you see on the editor need not follow this rule. thus you can create uber powerful enchantment on item using the editor.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 11:08 AM   #3
TheSlayer
Manshoon

To number 3 - the value in the CS is equal to ten times that in the game.
Join the [url]\"http://darkenedshrine.proboards2.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Darkened Shrine</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://cultosheogorath.proboards15.com/index.cgi?board=csmods&action=display&num=10521557 13\" target=\"_blank\">The Burning Earth Project</a> - Looking for modders
TheSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 12:08 PM   #4
Sever

1. Her name is Arielle (enchanter, i think) and i didn't want to kill her as it's not really the thing a boss should do to his minions. At least not in the mages guild. It turned out alright anyways. There must have been some dialogue loop error the first time i asked her. Her response was always the same as the other mages gave me: 'Arielle has it'. I tried it again later and she gave me the option of buying it.

2. I know it reflects back. What i want to know is if there's a spell effect or some kind of magic attack that can 'turn off' the reflection or breach it. Even only temporarily.

3. [kicks self] So it is. I don't know how i failed to pick up on that. Cheers. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 04-20-2003, 09:08 PM   #5
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

I don't think there is anything that can breach that reflect spell, unless u have a 100% resistance to magicka (which i want to get so badly)
Old 04-20-2003, 09:54 PM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

2. how about wait for the reflect spell to " evaporate " itself?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 11:12 AM   #7
Sever

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
2. how about wait for the reflect spell to " evaporate " itself?
Normally, that's the go. But high level daedra seem to have permanent, undispellable reflection. My character is a mage and it just doesn't seem right to be hacking away at a golden saint for ten minutes with a dagger, simply because my spells are useless.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 04-21-2003, 02:13 PM   #8
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

then get a longsword.....a good one!