Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2002, 05:27 PM   #1
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

...it seems at times that the only thing driving you is your love of adventure...

To continue forever,
Without any pause,
A timeless endeavor,
Without any cause.

The Herald Cries!

• Rumors of brutal human sacrifices south of Grella!
  • Elves of Irony south-bound, seeking aid!
  • Kobolds sighted near Seeker's Lake!
  • River-Rest taken by unknown hairy creatures!
  • Conspiricies in Talever!
  • Incurable poisons in the trinity!
  • Extra! Macadere - Mindless myth?

It seems a few of you have run away. I believe only one of you left an excuse. Official knock-outs will be held at the initiation of chapter four and re-entry fee is a box of cinnamon pop-tarts.

...Murdock...Fate. Bliss or sorrow?

~She groaned at her responsibility.~ "Ooohh... Do I have to Murdock? Please, let me sleep in!" ~She huffed and slowly regained her feet. She inhaled deeply and looked you in the eye defiantly.~ "You just want me to suffer, now don't you?" ~She sighed and leaned against you.~ "Make a lady spin into oblivion and all you can do is remind her of her chores." ~She pouted and cried out.~ "And I was so nice and warm you terrible cruel man! Humph." ~She took a long stride to where her blade lay, crouching down and picking it up. She looked at you with a soft weary smile.~ "When the deed is done I will find you. Just stay at home to-night." ~She resheathed her dagger.~ "Pack up all the worldly possessions you need." ~She winked, stepping to the mouth of the alley.~ "Keep those arms open for me." ~She then slipped into the shadows and out of sight.~

...Mistral...Walking through the haunted catacombs of your past.

~Hart held up a curious hand.~ "Wait little fey'ri, your voice is so very uncertain! Do you not know what you are?" ~Oriana spoke softly.~ "Perhaps she does not understand our words dear Hart. I do not believe the tieflings are common in the view of men." ~Hart nodded and smiled to Silas.~ "Could you please explain then Silas, to our guest, what it is we label. You are ever so keen on such definitions!" ~Silas smiled broad as Hart laughed. Silas turned to you.~ "A tiefling is simply a humanoid with outside blood. In yours and Brier's case, a golden dragon. The tieflings are then divided into the elvish fey'ri and the orcish tanarukk." ~He looked at his boots.~ "Apologies if you already knew that, but you did seem a might confused." ~Brier smiled weakly.~

...Arleth...The ground you walk on wishes to trip you.

~Thyron was still snoring loudly when you woke up. You yawned, stretching, then realised that Savannah's bedroll was empty. You sat up and quizically scanned the area. You saw her, but eh... Apparently you'd awoken at a... Problematic time... Savannah's eyes locked with yours and she yelped, trying to cover herself up with her tunic. Well all right, she wasn't completely naked. I mean, below the belt she was perfectly covered but Savannah was a modest girl and well, gee... She whispered harshly so as not to awake Thyron to further the embarassment.~ "Don't just sit there and gawk! Turn around!" ~Her cheeks were turning beet read.~

...Lerris...An epic quest... Just for the heck of it!

~The busy waitress turned to you.~ "Well'n me lord, I'd recco-mend the pop-tarts but I doubt ye'd be lisnen ta me. Just be quick about yer orderin', I taint gots a hol lotta time ta be tarryin'. Gots ta make me money if ya knows what I be sayin."

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: Killing Spree ]

Old 02-04-2002, 05:56 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Murdock...on his way home

Murdock waved as Zahara disappeared around the corner. He wished that he could be a fly on the wall to see her entrance and escape from her terrible chore! He bet that she was the best assasin/thief in that fabled city of Macadere...How he wished that he had half her talent. She probably lived a much better life of adventure. All he got was some fun pickpocketing...which, although he was great at...left no challenge anymore. This woman's part in his life had awaken new adventures, led him on a most exciting quest and had witnessed wonderous things! She had made thievery into something more than he ever could have imagined! How he wished that he was from Macadere!

He sighed, picked up his bottle of snake venom, and trotted home.
Once he arrived, he began to do as instructed, although curiously. Why had she asked him to do this? Was he to leave the city, in case of danger? Maybe if something went wrong, she wanted to know that he would be prepared for an attack from the town's guards...or something...
He rummaged through whatever simple clothes and items that he had. He picked up some of the most valuable jewels and items...and quickly his the rest for his return someday. He made a few last minute clean-ups and then he was through. His bag was packed, his house was in order, and it had ony taken him an hour. One would think that he was used to living on the run...
Now, he sat and waited...watching out his window for any sign of anything. He had his short bow at his side, along with some poison darts. He wanted to help in case he saw that she was being followed or ambushed.
Old 02-04-2002, 06:47 PM   #3
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

...Murdock...

~Zahara stepped out the front door of the mayor's home. There was no life within that house except the family dog, which she had no heart or time to murder as well. She quickly darted into the safety of the shadows, wishing for the ability to climb up walls. She picked up the pack she'd left lay previously in that precise alley. She peered inside, making sure everything was in order and whispering to herself.~ "Spare poison, check. Blades, check. Coin, check. Mind..." ~She paused with a wry smile.~ "Double check. All right, all I need to do is get Murdock and get out of here." ~She hissed as she heard the clop of a guard's boots on the pavement. Looks like I can't be conventional then. She climbed the lattice and vines growing on the side of the deceased mayor's home. She made it to the roof and watched quietly as the guard made his route. She slung the pack over her shoulder and began leaping rooftops.~

~You were snapped out of your trance as Zahara slipped through your window acrobatically. She exhaled with a light grin.~ "Hello Murdock!" ~She panted.~ "Ready to leave I see? Good." ~She unclipped her own pack and it fell to your floor with a thud. She sat down next to you, trying to catch her breath.~ "Harsh harsh harsh!" ~She inhaled sharply.~ "Who would think jumping rooftops to be so hard?" ~She chuckled and swallowed, regaining her wind.~ "Well..." ~She paused.~ "Do we leave now or at the crack of dawn tommorow? Either one poses difficulties." ~She shrugged.~ "Your call mate."
Old 02-04-2002, 07:08 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Murdock...in his home

"My call!
You're the expert here! I am only a foolish pickpocket!
Er...Well...I say we go now...while there's a chance to get out before the news has circulated. To me, it would be most dangerous to wait...as I suppose they would close off the gates as soon as they could. Besides, we have a better chance of getting out in the dark, unseen, as we do not want to be seen leaving. That would make us suspects, I suppose.
But damn! This is fun!"
Old 02-04-2002, 07:26 PM   #5
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

...Murdock...

~She chuckled.~ "Yes of course. The potential aspect of being thrown into jail and killed is always exhilerating." ~She scooped up her pack.~ "Out the Western gates then. We'd better hurry." ~The two of you leave the city without any further trouble.~

Outside Talever's Walls

~Zahara held up her hand, signaling for you to stop running.~ "We're halfway to the Trails Inn by now." ~She exhaled, she didn't seem winded at all. She dropped her pack and motioned for you to do the same.~ "We're going to have to stop here until morning. The path's too thin this close to Eerie." ~She sat down on the dry ground and looked up at you.~ "Well then Mister Murdock." ~She paused.~ "It's time for your third wish. What'll it be?"
Old 02-04-2002, 08:17 PM   #6
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOC>>> Well, I will be away to Australia and New Zealand (with no hope of logging onto IW, I might add, given the tight work schedule) from 16 Feb to 28 Feb. Does this mean I should back out gracefully now?? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2002, 08:24 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Murdock...on the road...somewhere neither here nor there...

"I...I am rather embarrassed to say, actually.

I suppose it depends on what you are planning to do with me by your side. Where are we going, why, and that sorta thing...I cetainly would not want to waste a wish o something that you were going to give me freely, anyway!"

Murdock watched her face for any signs of anger. He certainly did not want to screw up any chances he had to get what he desired and lose his granted wish...but he also knew enough to inquire as to his future along this path that he had now been placed on. If what he wanted was already in the scheme of being given to him without him asking for it...he wanted to save that last wish for something else! He could not read her thoughts visually. Of course not. She is a trained professional! What was he thinking!
Old 02-04-2002, 08:38 PM   #8
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: Nah, don't worry about it Mistral. Other people are on vacations too, at least you gave notice.)

...Murdock...

~She raised an eyebrow.~ "Well I know what you want Murdock." ~She sighed and looked you in the eye. She stood up.~ "You want a trip to Macadere. I've known that since day one. Well, rather day twenty-six. I didn't have a chance to talk to you before that. Regardless, if that's what you want you'd best spit it out." ~She eyed the bracer on her left wrist.~

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: Killing Spree ]

Old 02-04-2002, 11:08 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>I can not edit that, this much is true...
but I could turn it off, if I wanted to!...

MurdockCamp-grounds

Looking down at the ground...he felt almost like just giving up. She would never grant his last wish. Why would she? He would be a hinderance, only. Looking up with doubting eyes, he decided to go ahead and spell it out.

"I...wanna be your apprentice. I want to be in your service, mi'lady...and learn a better life than that of a mere pick-pocket...for anyone can do that. I want more!"

Flinching and looking down again, then turning to face a tree by his side, Murdock began to figet with the bark, picking at it slowly.

Then, almost as an after-thought...he tried to gain a little of his old composure back, which may have been stupid, but sounded good at the time...
"Or, at least have a wild night of hot, crazy, passionate love under the stars...So...er...it's your turn to choose!"
Old 02-05-2002, 06:34 AM   #10
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Mistral

She softens at the the sight of Brier's weak smile, and attempts one herself, suddenly feeling rather foolish ~ "I beg forgiveness for my ignorance, my friends." ~ The last word vaguely jarring to her own ears ~ "I have not had much contact with the elvenfolk, and I can see that this has been a misfortune." ~ Bows her head respectfully ~ "If it had not been for Brier's suggestion, I would never have ventured into your sacred woods..."

Hesitating a little, she takes a deep breath before lifting her head once again, her brown eyes glittering ~ "May I be so bold as to ask if you expect any task of me?" ~ The silent growl within signalling trouble laying ahead.
Closed Thread