Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2004, 12:02 AM   #1
Bear de Williams
Welcomed New User

Well i am new to the game and have only been playing for the past 2 weeks off and on but sometimes ill get a chance to play it for a good hour or 2. But to my questions before i get to far is: Is my party decent? Going the right way? and the usual any good advice?

Williams, Party of 8

Cross: lvl 10
Dracon Fighter
Wep:Bloodlust (cursed)
Heatershield

Mindy: lvl 10
Dwarf Valk.
Wep:Awl pike

Jake: lvl 10
Human Monk
Wep: Hands/Feet

Shifty: lvl 10
Hobbit Rogue (whoda thunk)
wep:2x Poison Daggers (cursed)

Bear: lvl 10
Mook Ranger
Wep:Hvy Crossbow

Kristie: lvl 10
Rawulf Priest
Wep: Mostly for magic and healing

Of course i have Vi and Myles with me, which is another question should i drop Myles for the Robot or for another NPC, also i am headed to Trynton, also check out the cemetary. And that Rattus Rattus guy should i just not do the quest and kill him or do the bank robbery and kill Lorrac and abunch of other people. Any Suggestions about Travel, Weps, NPC's, All of that is welcomed
Bear de Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 01:14 AM   #2
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

WELCOME!
You don't need any RPC's. Your party is fine.
Kill both Rattus and Lorrac, but if you can, pick their pockets first!
If you're a little overwhelmed by the size of the tips thread above, start at the end of it and page back through it. Usually the most recent advice is more useful. And there's probably a thread in here somewhere about any question you could ask, so if nobody responds helpfully if you open another thread, use the Search!
Have fun!
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 04:33 AM   #3
Target
Red Dragon

Welcome Williams,
The party looks good to me, I would be tempted to give your fighter another of the Poison Dagger as Bloodlust is also cursed.
If you feel you want/need the RPC's keep them, they are a good way to test classes, for example if you take Saxx with you, you can see how a bard works.
I would drop Myles as you have Shifty.
Good luck

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 06:18 AM   #4
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

I'd give bloodlust to the rogue. The fighter can berserk for double damage with any weapon, and also use a bow in combination with other weapons.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 07:20 AM   #5
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

Welcom to the the best RPG ever, you will replay this over and over. I've had it for two years and am more excited to play now than ever. By the way I wore my first copy out and hade to re-buy it. You may want to go back to arnika and buy at least one thieves Dagger from anton they are pretty expensive, but Wow! Also you have plenty of melee people with the monk, thief, and fighter you may want to drop the dwarf and pick up a gadgeteer or bard there are so many items for them in the game. However the great thing about this game is you can roll play, it is so diverse from one party to the next. Have fun!
Old 07-01-2004, 08:14 AM   #6
booklord
Dungeon Master

My only note would be that with no mage spell type character (Samurai, Mage, Bishop ) you don't have the "Missile Shield" or "Enchanted Blade" spells.

You may want to switch the priest over to bishop or mage to get those two spells.
booklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 08:29 AM   #7
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

But there are scrolls. I used them with my pure fighter party. (And they are Cosmic Lords now )

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]

P.S.
Where are my manners ? Welcome !
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 05:23 PM   #8
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Yah, Scrolls become quite important to a no-magic party; most games i sell them all, but 2 Fighters and a Rogue are kinda stuck without them. Oh, and lots of Artifacts Skill, too.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 08:10 PM   #9
Bear de Williams
Welcomed New User

Wow, thanks for the wonderful welcome and excellent advice! I think i might have to try out Saxx when i get to him and a gadgeteer. But i think i will get back to the game for now!
Bear de Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:19 AM   #10
Wolfie
Zhentarim Guard

You'll find a RPC (recruitable player character) who's a Gadgeteer in Upper Trynton, but honestly, with six characters in your party, there's really no need for a RPC, bedides they take XP away from your players (XP earnt from battle is divided equally to ALL party members) and you'll be playing many games Wiz8, so don't try to play all professions at once, just create another party later with those missed professions!

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Visit [url]\"http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie</a> or [url]\"http://wiz8.web1000.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://wiz8.web1000.com</a> (US) for a spreadsheet that allows you to enter in your spellcaster\'s stats, and it will tell you what spells the character can learn, or for spells that they are not yet able to learn, it will tell you how many points they need, or why your character can\'t learn the spell.
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote