Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2004, 04:11 PM   #1
Ben Lauritson
Dungeon Master

Now before I begin, just to reduce confusion, I don't mean stealth as in the skill that raises your AC, I mean stealth as in the act of concealing oneself.

Now I've noticed, while it may just be coincidence, that enemies seem to initiate combat further away than usual if I have the light spell cast at power level 7. So other than the chameleon spell, what other factors are taken into account when concerning stealth in this game?
Old 02-09-2004, 05:40 PM   #2
Kylospylon
The Magister

I believe if you have your stealthy characters in between the enemy and the rest of your party, they act as a 'stealth-shield', enabling you to get a bit closer to other creatures before they notice you.

I also believe that you are more difficult to spot in darkness, though I have very little evidence to back up this theory. When I play, I do notice a difference in day and night concealment levels, it may be my imagination however.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:53 PM   #3
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

I think the light draws enemies, extending their range of notice. This effect is increased at night. Don't know if this is documented anywhere. I only use light spell when I'm not too worried about it (in caves or as the party gets stronger) and let it go out when traveling outside. Also, having some stealth chars in front does seem to increase the chance of surprising the enemy, but it is just my feeling from playing many games. My 2 cents. - Zig -

Edit: fixed typos

[ 02-09-2004, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Ziggurat ]
Old 02-10-2004, 12:16 AM   #4
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Running makes you easier to see, as does searching.

You can throw a Hypnotic Lure any time, it can help you get past some mobs.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 07:24 PM   #5
babar
Manshoon

I imagine having a couple of noisy guys in full plate and sollerets might make a difference, too.
babar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 11:48 PM   #6
babar
Manshoon

I wonder if having a ranger helps any (you can spot them and therefore have better chance to avoid). I usually have a ranger (but no stealth characters) and after midlevel or so find it very easy to avoid monsters
babar is offline   Reply With Quote