Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2004, 12:53 AM   #1
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

My new party has reached Lvl19 when I first entered the Bayjin Shallows from Bayjin. The first combat were the Bucc Ghosts ( no one of them drops something! ) Then I reached Davy Jones Locker. I found a Ziska Star, Cure Disease, Robes +1 (U) and Ankh of Dexterity. In the chests of the sea caves I found some spellbooks ( not needed ), ammunition, potions , low level weapons and ( you won't believe it ) a simple Dagger.
After I left Bayjin I went to the Don to kill him for the Astral Dominae. And , of course, he did NOT drop the Cane of Corpus.

BTW I asked him about Rattus and where he is . He did't say something special like on the UHS homepage mentioned.

After that I went to the Mountain Wilds. I met some Bitter Wings in a huge combat. Can't remember those guys from my earlier games but they breath poison. Nothing special, I thought, but the next round I found out that two of my members suffered 49 and 52 points damage per round from poison. That was a new record for me.
And that combat included : 2 Lesser Demons, 15 Fire Ants, 4 Bitter Wings, 6 Blistering Scorchers and 4 Rapax Samurais.

On my way back to Arnika I met 3 Redweeds (Lvl 2) . What a game !!!!!

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 01:43 AM   #2
ferro287
Manshoon

When I first met those wings it was 54/round. But what was worst, after killing them I took two rounds of poison immediately, before i was able to press a key. Sure was lucky to have a full set of divinemail for those extra hp
ferro287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 09:53 AM   #3
Taski
The Magister

Yeah, bitter wings really suck [img]smile.gif[/img]

I finished the game last week with a friend, a he found a lot of good weapons, including Muramasa, Avenger etc.
...an I found a shit of a weapon, nothing special...ok, the cane drops at Don, but thats it.

Loading older save games wouldn't help here, i think the game set the "treasures" at the beginning.

And...äh...the bucc ghosts can drop something ?
Old 02-02-2004, 10:23 AM   #4
ferro287
Manshoon

The game sets the treasures in a chest when you enter an area first time (the random seed for the chest to be precise, but that matters only little). So if you have a savegame at first time ferro for example, you can still go for muramasa, since you haven't entered upper rapax castle yet.

Monster drops are determined when they hit the ground, so reloading immediately helps there if wished (or even wounding, leaving combat, save, fatal strike, reload, ad nauseam).

When fighting the Bucc ghosts, remember that they only drop anything at all in 20%. And remember even more that 1 in thousand (1000) ghosts carries a special sword. You need to be (very) determined for such action.
ferro287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 12:17 AM   #5
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Believe me, I know. But my current game ( party stands in from of the Rapax Castle main entrance ) is extreme in both directions .

Up to now I never found so much worst items in the chests. I think, I only have found the "fixed" goodies like Fang and Greatsword, Mauler and Diamond Eyes etc. I have found no special armor ( except cursed Oliveskin), the rest is good but normal.
In the past I always was astonished about the items other players find in chests. The best for me in Davy Jones Locker was a Raven's Bill ( I was there about 10 times ). In the Mt. Gigas cave chests I only found junk ( IIRC the best I found was a Ring of the Road ) .

My party is on the way to Lvl 22 and it seems that the "lower" maps spawned all kinds of lowlevel enemies. Currently on the Roads and in Marten's Bluff are monsters ( Redweeds, Seekers, Bloodvines ), that no one needs with a Party Lvl higher than 20.
So it is strange for me getting about 250.000 Exp in the Mountain Wilderness for a combat, that nearly killed my party and then 300 Exp for Redweeds on Arnika Road.

[ 02-03-2004, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: Loudhy ]
Old 02-03-2004, 10:38 AM   #6
Kylospylon
The Magister

Light Shield
Light Sword
Staff of 12 Stars
Excaliber
Cane of Corpus
AvengerSword of 4 Winds

All of the above in one game, no reloads. Completely ruined the game. Acended lvl <20, as it got very boring.

You never want to be too lucky. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2004, 12:14 PM   #7
Nightowl2
Galvatron

That's an impressive list for one game with no reloads. I've come across all those, along with the Blades of Aesir (best axe, but of course no one uses an axe, haha), the Muramasa, etc. but never so much as you've found.

Was that a unique experience or have you been finding much random good stuff in other games?

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 12:24 PM   #8
dplax
Jack Burton

Sigh. I've never found any of those you mentioned Kylospylon.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 12:07 AM   #9
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Never seen them, Kylospylon. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2004, 06:47 AM   #10
Kylospylon
The Magister

Only happened to me in one game I played. This was before I knew many of the items even existed, my second time through I think. Since then though I have to reload about a dozen times if I want a specific item badly enough. I know of many items I have never seen in Wiz8 yet, and I aim for about 2-3 uber items each game. I try to balance enjoyment and effort. BTW - I no longer reload for the light sword.