Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2003, 09:22 PM   #1
Deathmage
The Magister

Is it possible? I'm trying right now with a Felpurr Samurai, and I'm nearly going to fight Gregor. Tried a couple times but the #$@&@$# paralyzes me. And I'm playing on novice.

Any advices on soloing/Gregor? Has anyone tried soloing before? My opinion so far is that you level up like a burning knife though melted butter. Plus you get to keep all the good stuff for yourself. Hurrah!
Old 01-14-2003, 09:29 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I have tried solo faerie ninja before, with CoC, I can kick every monsters butt.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 05:54 PM   #3
Gilrad
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When my solo ninja faery fought Gregor, I got incredibly lucky, because she scored an instant kill. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2003, 12:28 AM   #4
Deathmage
The Magister

I'm on the Arnika Road now (FROM Arnika TO the Monastary with Myles to open the locks). I managed to kill all the bad guys in Arnika with Vi and Myles. As for the Gregor, in the end my tactic's a bit cheesy: He got stuck in the doorway so I plummeged him with arrows.
Old 01-18-2003, 01:23 PM   #5
Orry
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have been playing with human monk and Gregor and mainly Pestilent Rats in Upper monastery were the only monsters during entire game when I had to reload several times until I was lucky enough in combat. Just try it and victory will come!Each start is difficult with one char play,but at about 18th level you start to be indestructible war machine.
Orry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 07:00 PM   #6
DraconisRex

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathmage:
Is it possible? I'm trying right now with a Felpurr Samurai, and I'm nearly going to fight Gregor. Tried a couple times but the #$@&@$# paralyzes me. And I'm playing on novice.

Any advices on soloing/Gregor? Has anyone tried soloing before? My opinion so far is that you level up like a burning knife though melted butter. Plus you get to keep all the good stuff for yourself. Hurrah!
Okay, you can't "pure" solo. There comes a point where a second charactre is required. Otherwise, it's a blast.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 10:18 AM   #7
Psycho
Dungeon Master

Getting Gregor stuck in the opening is the best tactic: you can get your ranged combat and bow/t&s up to 50-60 (difficult lvl, so you don't hit as much).

As for a pure solo char... no problem there... if you know in what order to perform things. Since nobody would dare trying a solo before finishing the game, you should know what to do.
Once you reach lvl 11 you can find all the books (if you need them)in the swamp, by the time you get there with a solo char you should be that lvl...

The only thing I'm not sure off is what happens if you play a "mook" solo char?
I played solo bishop/alchemist/bard/fighter/ninja (with a bit of rogue for stealth), fighter being the hardest - bard the easiest.

Good luck,

Signed,
One sick Psycho
Old 01-20-2003, 03:50 AM   #8
Deathmage
The Magister

Um, I didn't finish the game.