Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2002, 04:17 PM   #1
Warriar Munk
Welcomed New User

Has anyone some good idea at least of how this works?

I've discovered with some experimentation that:

You get more stuff if you finnish the game, so far I've only done the "lone spaceship" ending. But I'm now plannig on backtracking and doing the "Umpani" and "T'Rang" ending as well. Is there any difference?

I don't get at all much stuff through the filter, or what to call it. I always get the "mystic ray", which seems decent enough in the beginning, but what I really want is my Muramasa blade, which has been with me since the end of Wizardry 6. My samurai won't be the same without it! I need my blade!! (it would be nice to keep the *light* sword as well, or cane of corpus for my faeri ninja, but those are less priority compared to the Muramasa blade)
Oh, I also get the "Elven bow", which seems really nice and good now that ranged weapons are useful.

You still get as high stats as the other characters even if you are level 1, and you still get 5 levels to start with. Thus, you cas stand in front of the spaceship, change all classes to whatever you want them to be, and hop into Wiz8 with a new set of classes. The only drawback is that your spell skills seem to drop, but not your other skills.

You seem to have your old skills / 5. Cuz I have 20 in many skills I had 100 in, don't know if that's a general rule though.

that's what I've discovered. Now, does anyone know whether doing the Umpani/T'rang ending has any use, or leveling up more will be good, or how I keep some more equipment? I tried to drop things which were unimportant, but to no real use ...

Andreas

[ 02-06-2002: Message edited by: Warriar Munk ]

Warriar Munk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 04:52 PM   #2
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

You get more stuff if you finnish the game, so far I've only done the "lone spaceship" ending. But I'm now plannig on backtracking and doing the "Umpani" and "T'Rang" ending as well. Is there any difference?

Only in where you start the game. If you allied with the Umpani then you crash near Gigas and if you allied with the T'Rang you crash near MB -- at least, that's my understanding. I've not actually imported my savegames from where I chose those alternate endings.

I always get the "mystic ray", which seems decent enough in the beginning, but what I really want is my Muramasa blade, which has been with me since the end of Wizardry 6. My samurai won't be the same without it! I need my blade!! (it would be nice to keep the *light* sword as well, or cane of corpus for my faeri ninja, but those are less priority compared to the Muramasa blade)
Oh, I also get the "Elven bow", which seems really nice and good now that ranged weapons are useful.

They've definitely made the filter a lot more effective from 7-8 than from 6-7. My characters kept things like chamail pants +2, diamond ring, mystic arrows, peacemakers, moser's mojo tea, cornu of demonspawn, chromatic lyre, poet's lute and stuff like that but I didn't see any weapons that transferred. And the number of items I had would drop from 100 or so down to 5-10. I didn't have an elven ranger coming into 8 in this party so I didn't know about the Elven bow but that's nice to know for one of my other savegames allying with the Umpani.

You seem to have your old skills / 5. Cuz I have 20 in many skills I had 100 in, don't know if that's a general rule though.

That seems to be the general rule. I've imported the same party three times now and gotten the same stats and items from each import. I've also imported two other parties that used the same spaceship ending and ended up with similar results and it doesn't seem to matter what the character level is ending Wiz 7 - you come into 8 with 20s in most skills you had 100s in, a few 1st level spells, and only a few weapons or items that translate in.

I even tried using an editor on one party before importing to see some of what would transfer in and discovered that most items they've simply put a total block on, which includes the heavier armor and most weapons. I did discover that if I changed my Valk's ebony armor over to chamail+2 then I could keep it on import but if I didn't then she started out in the bra and skirt. I suppose it would be possible to come up with a list of everything that will import but that would take awhile considering the sheer number of items available in Wiz 7. [img]smile.gif[/img]

One thing that annoyed me was that my Diamond Ring I've been carrying around since Wiz 6 dropped from a +5 item to +2. I really wanted that extra AC for my faerie bishop.

Oh well -- all in all I guess I can't complain. After all, if you could bring in your characters from Wiz 7 as they were then what would be the fun of playing the game? Half the fun of Wiz has always been nursing the character development from Lvl 1 chars that have difficulty killing things with 5 HP without at least one char dying to experienced high-level mega-chars that can take out 2 Brombadegs in expert mode without taking more than a few points of damage each.
Old 02-07-2002, 03:38 AM   #3
Warriar Munk
Welcomed New User

Agreed on the nursing thing... however, I've nursed my characters from level 1 in wizardry 6, and was planning to advance in 7 and 8 [img]smile.gif[/img]

I recently replayed wizardry 6 and 7 with the only intention of having an unbroken chain of charaters from the start of wizardry 6 to the end of wizardry 8. But now my characters won't be able to execute their ninjutsu anymore buhu. Not in the way it's supposed to at least. (Everyone had 100 in ninjutsu, "dissapear into darkness" then stabb like hell)

ok, so lesser items get in more easily? I'll go and find some lesser items then ... oh yeas, btw, my Crusader Helm (or what it's called) gets through sometimes. I've also gotten Ymmus Paw (but that's only when I don't finnish the game). Some +1 robes also made it, but only when i didn't finnish, the robes were gone when I did finnish. uh, lots of variables it seems, perhaps just get on with it instead of trying to import the best possible kick ass crew, but that's the fun of wizardry; the tweaking [img]smile.gif[/img]

ANdreas
Warriar Munk is offline   Reply With Quote