Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2002, 08:41 AM   #1
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

CCG: Collectible Card Game a la Magic: The Gathering

Has anybody tried out this CCG ? I wonder if I would like it since I am a huge a Song Of Ice And Fire fan and I like a game of MTG now and then.

[ 11-06-2002, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: Warhammer ]
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 01:47 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I am a huge fan of Song Of Ice And Fire too. Do you know when the 4th will come out?

Since I read those books, I find most other novels too cheesy to read.
Old 11-06-2002, 11:14 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Dammit! I promised myself I would never buy collectible card game again after I burned my 1000$ worth Magic: The gathering collection and my Star Wars collection, but just looking at those two images make me want to go buy some, NOW.

I need to support my favorite writer... right?

Just one or two pack, then I'll stop...

At least I know that nobody where I live has ever read them, so I am in no danger of finding people to play the game with, so I guess I"m safe for now.
Old 11-07-2002, 02:36 AM   #4
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
Dammit! I promised myself I would never buy collectible card game again after I burned my 1000$ worth Magic: The gathering collection and my Star Wars collection, but just looking at those two images make me want to go buy some, NOW.

At least I know that nobody where I live has ever read them, so I am in no danger of finding people to play the game with, so I guess I"m safe for now.
Heh been there too, I have about $1000 (US$ [img]smile.gif[/img] ) worth of Magic cards (A Black Lotus, 5 Moxes, 50 double lands, just a to start) gathering dust.

And I too think ASOIAF ais the best Fantasy series ever written. Unfortunately, a Feast of Crows will only be out in April 2003.

Meanwhile these two sites are worth checking out:
www.westeros.org and www.georgerrmartin.com
Old 11-07-2002, 03:12 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

My birthday is in April. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I started playing magic a little before ice age. Sometimes I wish I did not destroy my collection, it would be worth a lot now probably...

[ 11-07-2002, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 11-07-2002, 03:21 AM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Warhammer:

Meanwhile these two sites are worth checking out:
www.westeros.org and www.georgerrmartin.com
Oh my god!!! I just saw they where translated in french!! I'll be able to bully all my friends into reading them. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2002, 03:23 AM   #7
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

I started between Antiquities and Legends [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
Old 11-07-2002, 03:30 AM   #8
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Oh my god!!! I just saw they where translated in french!! I'll be able to bully all my friends into reading them. [img]smile.gif[/img]
The translation is not a good one. A French friend of mine started reading the French translation but switched over to the English one quickly.

For example: Direwolf is translated to Loup-garou (Werewolf!). He was very confused about the first book, kids aquiring werewolves as pets [img]redface.gif[/img]

Furthermore each English volume is split up in two or three French ones.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:05 PM   #9
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Warhammer:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Luvian:
The translation is not a good one. A French friend of mine started reading the French translation but switched over to the English one quickly.

For example: Direwolf is translated to Loup-garou (Werewolf!). He was very confused about the first book, kids aquiring werewolves as pets [img]redface.gif[/img]

Furthermore each English volume is split up in two or three French ones.
</font>[/QUOTE]Why did it have to suck? [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

None of my friends are good enough in english to read a novel, and I really want them to read it...
Old 11-08-2002, 03:03 AM   #10
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

Quote:

None of my friends are good enough in english to read a novel, and I really want them to read it...
It does not suck, it is just worse than the English version, but still great. Even below average translations can't screw up such a masterpiece. As long as you do not tell them the English version is much better they would not know.