Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2003, 06:27 PM   #1
Hida Kisada
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just beat BG1 and now Id like to play the ToSC expansion. When I choose Mission Pack in the Menu, it tells me to load final save game. And then when I do that, it just loads right before the last battle. What do I need to do? Am I missing a patch or something?
Hida Kisada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 06:37 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

No, that's what it is supposed to do. There is a TotSC patch however.

You should have the option when you first start the game to start a NEW party, replay everything from the beginning AND go to the TotSC areas BEFORE you enter the city of Baldur's Gateg. The option you are getting allows you to backtrack out of Sarevok's lair in BG and go to the new areas.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 09:24 PM   #3
Hida Kisada
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Where can I find that new patch?
Hida Kisada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 10:45 PM   #4
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

The added mission pack quests are not separate from the rest of the game, they are in a new area called 'Ulgoth's Beard' which appears on your sword coast travel map (the one with all the little pictures of towns and trees and such that you click on to travel to other places) after installed TotSC. So, what you will need to do is load your final save (just before you take on Sarevok), and head back up out of the catacombs and onto the surface. Leave Baldur's Gate and go to your travel map, Ulgoth's Beard should be there now, it's a little village icon on the travel map, right up the top new Baldur's Gate City. Head there, and then your add-on quest fun will begin. Take care though, the add-on quests are quite a step up in difficulty from the original game. Once you've done the add-on quests you can go back to the catacombs and take care of Sarevok, he'll still be down there waiting for ya, even after all the weeks you spent away doing your TotSC quests

Good luck [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2003, 10:48 PM   #5
TheVulcanAndroid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you got the Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga 3 CD set I don't think you have to patch. If you got a 6 cd set or the two seperate games, try: http://interplay.com/support/patches.aspx

There is a international, UK, and US patch available. Pick the one according to your version, duh.

Edit: n/m

[ 08-03-2003, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: TheVulcanAndroid ]
Old 08-04-2003, 05:24 AM   #6
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

I read something about the need of running a program called MCONVERT. This little tool is installed together with TotSC and can be found in your BG folder somewhere. The execution of this program will place the new regions on your map, so you are able to see them and thereby travel to Ulgoth's Beard.

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane
Old 08-04-2003, 07:44 AM   #7
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

[img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img] WELCOME TO IRONWORKS [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2003, 10:39 AM   #8
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
[img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img] WELCOME TO IRONWORKS [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
A little late for the Welcome: Hida registered in May 2002

But then

Welcome BACK Hida

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane
Old 08-21-2003, 10:11 AM   #9
stakkalee
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm hoping someone can give me a little help here. First off, hello all, I've been playing BG for about a month and reading here for about 2 weeks.

Anyway, I don't know if this is a bug or a feature. I have The Original Saga (BGI and TOSC), and I played through right up to the final battle - My party is literally standing right outside of the temple, waiting to go kick ass. So at this point I decide, ok, I'll go to Ulgoth's Beard, wheel around Durlag's Tower a bit, and head back to finish the game. So I trek back out to the surface and proceed to do a little more adventuring.

Well, after a few days of game time, my main character starts turning into a monster. I'll travel to a new map, and suddenly his circle is red. I move the rest of my NPCs away, de-equip all my ranged weapons, and cast a charm spell on him (or use the Cape of Influence, or whatever it's called) and he's back to green, at least until the spell wears off. If I use the cape to do it, that's usually good for a long duration, but within 24 hours there he is, red again.

Now, at the penultimate battle we were warned, "Come get me soon, or I'll come find you..." and I'm wondering if this is the revenge I was warned about. Let me tell you, it's annoying as hell, especially when I save vs. the charm spell a couple of times. And to make matters worse, it's an exportable trait. I got BG2, exported the character, and when I started, there I was, monster-red again. Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone help me?

Joshua
stakkalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 10:30 AM   #10
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I think your character may be turning into a werewolf. At least I have heard that this can happen if the werewolf island is not completed properly. Someone else could probably have more info on this.

Never mind this is what I found. It appears your main character should not be affected.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...=003106</font>

[ 08-21-2003, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote