Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-08-2004, 10:26 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Just started playing a new game of W&W last night, hereby entitled the den of thieves. Six rogues -- no magic, no guilds, no nothing. The only thing they've taken advantage of was a miscalculation on my part -- I created four of them, and then realized I didn't really want to put ability points into things you can train in. So I deleted those, and one character got their 800GP total. Slight advantage, but not much. Six different races -- lizzord, rattkin, gourk, whiskah, gnome, and dwarf. A little variety...

Most specialized in dagger, with two going for sword. One assigned lockpicker, and the rest are improving their weapons skills. Nothing else matters yet...
Equipped them all with daggers, and headed out.

They all now have basic equipment (doublets, cloth pants, suede boots) so they have AC 1.

Having the XP spread out among six characters is far different than a solo game, for sure. We're now between level 2 and 3, but at 5 XP a pop for a worgur, this is going to take a while...

Of course, that tree spider was worth a lot of XP... for the three survivors

BTW, I've discovered that resurrection is cheap at this point -- 60GP per level, or thereabouts, compared to 1000GP for a scroll. Guess what we haven't bought? And I believe that everone has died at least once...

Well, heading off to the crypt now, and expecting Mon the Sculz to show up any day now. Turned in the first five skulls... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Later...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 12:17 AM   #2
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

My anxiety is with you B. I tried that challenge last Fall when we were kicking around the idea of single class, gangs. Man does it take forever to not only play, but to gain levels.
I have come to the conclusion that playing a full party is way harder than solo. By all means keep us updated with your infamous journals.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 02:11 AM   #3
macoati
Manshoon

I'm hoping honor resides within the party...otherwise it may get interesting when specific treasures 'fall' into certain hands... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2004, 08:04 AM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Hey, this is going to be good. Keep us posted.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:59 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I will do my best to keep you all up to date. I don't quite have the energy for another set of adventures like Missy's, but I will pass along any things I notice.

In fact, I'm going to post a question for discussion on party creation for these guys. It's too late for me, but perhaps another... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 09:49 AM   #6
WillowIX
Apophis

Wll it certainly sounds lika an interesting party Bungleau. Have you given any thought as to class changes etc? Will there be ninjas later on or? Are daggers the only weapons they will use (apart from the ones sing swords)?
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:13 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds like a goodie!!

I know we can't expect another epic like the Missy Hissy tale but it will be nice to read how your new adventurers are doing!

Wyv