Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2001, 07:18 PM   #1
Lord Teppenwolfe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hail travellers!

I received IWD as a gift and being an avid D&Der I've found this game to be quite exciting and in my opinion better than BG. I just have a general question that I hope some of you experienced players can answer.

First of all, I've just completed Chapter one and am starting my assault on the Temple of the Gods. I have visited some spoiler sites but not on how to complete the game in the least amount of time. I'm looking for a place to store unneeded weapons, keys and gems. I remember in BG1, I used to be able to store stuff in the barrels that were scattered around town. One of the spoiler sites that I visited said there was a cupboard that you could use to store these kinds of items, but I have yet to be able to discover it. Certainly, not every attack or encounter means I need to have all my weapons, but if anyone has any suggestions on this it would be great. Currently, I'm considering using Crypt 4 in the Vale of Shadows, since there are so many places in that one hallway to store items. I've long since cleared this area and have yet to see anything come back.

Now on to the chaotic fun.......

In all the reading I did, I knew that I would have to have a thief in my party. So I created a chaotic good thief. I have tons of fun with this guy! And it's not for his trap finding ability either!

Through his first couple of levels, I dumped all his training percentage points into the skill Pick Pockets. He is now level 5 and is maxed at 100% in this skill. So when I was returning from the Vale one snowy night, I thought I would have a little fun.

I walked up to 'ol Arundel, introduced myself, then proceeded to pick his pocket! Well... it was a good thing I did a Quicksave outside because that attempt failed. Well when I walked back outside, there are a ton of bears attacking me and all these spells flying at me (I really enjoyed the light show!). So I vowed to return to get my revenge!

Well I came back on my next selling trip to town, and did a Quicksave again, and again walked up to Arundel and this time I was successful! I thought that I would get a message saying what I had lifted from his pocket, but I didn't see one so I tried again... Successful, but still no message. I figured that two successful attempts were enough so I departed. I then headed up to Conlans for some arrows and that is when I noticed a Ring in his inventory! I quickly ran over to the Temple and identified it as a Ring of Free Movement! HA HA! That carrion crawler in the Vale was going down now!

I've just completed Chapter 1, and I hit some of the major shopkeepers for some pretty nice loot! Here is what I've gotten by picking pockets so far:

Orrick: 1 Ring of Free Movement, 1 Necklace (gives your mage the ability to memorize one additional 2nd level spell).

Arundel: 1 Ring of Free Movement

I'm sure there are other treasures to be "picked" up out there and with each trip to town, I shall surely find them!

Lord Teppenwolfe
Lord Teppenwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 07:18 AM   #2
SecretMaster
Apophis

Good job, though I never really bothered stealing, even though i knew his loot. I don't know, start using the points for locks and traps now, cuz Conlan has a really nice storing chest once you brake it. Also, try storing items in the evening shade upstairs, where you can lock pick a ring for a quest downstairs (Just talk to the owner) and free storing until you are able to lock pick the chest.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 10:51 AM   #3
Elif Godson
Dracolich

You should enjoy the Dale very much. There is a lot of Adventure
to be had. Welcome to the forum and feel free to post any question's you may have.