Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2000, 11:25 AM   #1
Yakatus

I beat Poquelin at the end of the 6th chapter. he leaves the place to go to Easthaven in his portal, the little video start, and then i see my characters in the city, the game is in pause as if there gonna be a dialogue, but nothing happens and my crew just stay there without moving and i can t do anything but alt+tab and closing the game. Has anybody sufered the same bug?, is there another patch ? (i have the 1.06 version)
Thanks guys, and have great fun.
Old 09-02-2000, 10:15 PM   #2
Larry

Sorry to say, you have the most up to date patch so far...(My game has me stuck just before the final fight. Now that is irritating) ! Good luck
Old 09-03-2000, 09:57 PM   #3
foolish_child

Same here! I did it the first time without any prep - just for a looksee. Got to Easthaven fine but with my cleric dead and his stuff in Dorns Deep. Reloaded, buffed up, and now every time I get to Easthaven the characters are inaccessible and the screen is greyed like in conversation mode. The only thing that works is enlarging the message window. I have no ideas either and since Black Isle havent replied to the problem I had weeks ago when the game wouldn't run the day I bought it (sound driver) I doubt emailing them about this will be useful this year anyway. I know they're busy so you are my only hope . . .
Old 09-04-2000, 02:35 AM   #4
sibley

Rename your Override directory to OverrideX or something. (If you want to be very safe, you can also create a new empty directory named Override.) Restore things when you're properly back in Easthaven. This almost always works.

It's a common bug, and the question has been answered here a few times already. I guess we get sick of repeating the same answer.
Old 09-17-2000, 01:10 PM   #5
beery

I happened on this by chance, just press 'Q' to quick save and it seems to clear the problem, cheers