Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2003, 01:52 PM   #1
Shadowfax
Dungeon Master

I'm pretty early in ToB, currently trying to get Yaga Shur's heart. (Is that his name? ... blah... I can't remember) However, I'm getting my butt kicked by the Fire Giants in his mountain home. I need a strategy for killing them in groups. What can I do to make killing them easier? My group is, in case you need to know, is Mazzy, Jaheria, Minsc, Imoen, Aerie, and me, a swashbuckler.
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 02:01 PM   #2
daan
Silver Dragon

-Mordekainen's swords + haste
-Mazzy using a bow + Improved haste
-Just general haste the group, Fire giants are slow

Do *not* engage them melee,.. you'll get hurt.
Though your swashbuckler might have a chance, since their AC can go real low.

Also, use the search-function !
There are loads of posts discussing this subject, with quite a few nice tips [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hope it helps
Old 02-10-2003, 06:06 PM   #3
Brennihelvete

I cleaned out that temple with a single archer wearing the boots of speed and uh equipped with a bow. All it takes is some time [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2003, 07:56 PM   #4
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

A L24 Kensai with Celestial Fury is pretty good against them. If they can't move, they can't hurt you.

I suppose it helps even more when the Kensai is duelled to a mage, and cast timestop. Improved haste. Stoneskin (useful useful useful). Summons (any).

Etc etc. These guys are so easy to get on with, just take your time with them, no hurry eh
Old 02-10-2003, 08:52 PM   #5
Shadowfax
Dungeon Master

Thank you guys so much! This has been very helpful. Mwahha! Those fire giants no longer stand a chance. =p
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 09:57 PM   #6
Buster_Wiz
Dungeon Master

--Planetars and mordys make pretty short work of these guys. Another good combo to use is the ol Malison+finger of death routine, it has about a 60% chance of killing them outright, combine this with a project image and its pretty darn easy.
--Another cheap way to kill these is to use the time stop+improved alacrity and unload chain lightning, magic missiles, and ABHWs on them.
--If your party is pretty melee heavy(lower level), get a whole bunch of crossbows and unload on them, just make sure the person they are chasing doesn't get in melee range.
--If you have a higher level melee party, simply improved haste all your guys, and give the person who will be pulling the giants a shield and make his ac as low as possible via buffs and whatnot. (don't forget defensive harmony if you have it.)
--Another tactic that works wonders (if you have room to run that is) is to get a thief (assassin preferably) with boots of speed/Imp haste and have him backstab and run backstab and run...
--like stated above, remember that stoneskin and mirror image are your friends here.

Hope this helps!
Buster_Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote