Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2002, 03:58 PM   #1
Forzen-
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am just about to enter Candlekeep once again, but I am worried... Will my strength (18/00 thanks to ogre power gauntlets) be enough to bash open all those graves with lots all da good stuff in it? Or should I go and pick up a theif instead? I rather not do that (I have completed the rest of the game without one(yes, even Durlags Tower, that was a bitch)), but I dont wanna miss all those nice tomes and items.
Or will a Potion Of Cloudgiant Strengte be enough? Plz help, im desperate.

Oh yeah, is there a way to kill drizzt with a single guy? those AI bugs otherwise used wont really work now.
Forzen- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 08:07 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I don't think even a STR of 25 would be enough to bust open those locks--I believe that 100% Lock Pick or Knock are the only ways to go. Is Imoen still where you left her? I hope you kept Kiel's Buckler and at least 4 Potions of Perception, to say nothing of all the Healing Potions you'll need.
Old 01-09-2002, 02:09 PM   #3
Sorcerer Alex

Spoiler

In the Candlekeep catacombs you will find the manual of gainful exercise, which will increase your strength by 1 (increasing it to 19 in your case). That, combined with the special ability 'draw upon holy might' might well ensure you get a few of those locked chests open. Of course, the problem is opening the chest that contains the manual, not to mention finding some way of identifying it [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2002, 02:18 PM   #4
Lavindathar
Harper

Well, you've decided to solo with a fighter, so I guess you should put up with the consequences, which are missing the goodys.

If you want to ruin the solo part, go get Imoen. But wont they be a low level like they left them, or will they level up?

Old 01-09-2002, 10:29 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Check the manual--even a STR of 25 gives you a Bashing Percentage of no more than 50%, and I'll bet ALL of the chests that late in the game require more than just a 50% change to break or pick.

If Imoen's still there, she'll be at the exact same level she was when you booted her--Level 1 or 2. But slip her a few Potions of Perception, and all is well with the world--I think the Potions stack, I know Potions of Master Thievery do. (Now that I'm in BG2, my Chaotic Neutral Mage/Thief seems to spend a lot of his time with his Pick Pockets score hovering around 230%. Hmmmmm......what's he planning on doing?)
Old 01-11-2002, 02:30 PM   #6
Forzen-
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Its All over now.
Unfortunatly I had to bring along Alora (she was the only thief i hadn't brought along yet, so she was the only one that was at a resonable level) to pick the locks. Feels kinda gay though, coz i completed the entrie game on my own otherwise.
But still, feels great to to have soloed the rest of the game. Them bosses were quite a laugh in the end...
Now, bg2 remains.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help me guys!
Forzen- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 02:40 PM   #7
Psybeznia
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Candlekeep Catacombs? What????
I thought you could only get into Candlekeep by donating a good book and they aren't any good enough in the game to let them in!

In other words, I thought you couldn't get back into Candlekeep after Chapter 1!?!? Am I wrong???
Psybeznia<br />Archmage Of Illusion<br />Legendary Wizard<br />Lieutenant Commander of the DJG Swashbuckler-Mage Extraordinaire Bartenders<br /><br />Son of a Murdered Drow<br />And I SHALL have my REVENGE!<br /><br />Since I am not always at my computer, ususally hunting for my Drow Father\'s murderer, please accept a responce from DJG as a responce from me!
Psybeznia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 06:55 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Psybeznia: Yes. Don't worry, just keep playing. And you shouldn't read any more of this thread.