Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2004, 05:38 PM   #1
NeoA
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Salve
At first: I'm from Germany, so I'm not a native speaker. So, if I sometimes use the wrong word or spelling, please correct me. Thanx.

I just got BG2 and ToB, so I installed them, patched them and wanted to start to play.
But I got a strange Problem: Every Char that moves doesn't turn! They allways face left or "up". If they walk right or down, they perform some kind of Moonwalk! (They "walk" forwards but move backwards) And they got some kind of "Box" arround them. I got the Character and some Background in that Box, but it's some kind of moved sidewards from the real Background. I hope you understand, what I meen.
BG2 is the only Game with that Problem. I also have BG1 installed on my Computer, and it runs perfectly.

Please help me!
Old 12-02-2004, 10:52 AM   #2
NeoA
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is there really NO ONE who's got an Idea what the Problem could be?
Old 12-02-2004, 11:12 AM   #3
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

i don't know but wait for a day or two - this is an active but quite slow forum (no offence folks - i'm not saying that's a bad thing)

i'm no good on bug causes but i know the first question - is your game fully patched?

good luck [img]smile.gif[/img]
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:23 AM   #4
NeoA
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, I have installed the latest Patch.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:01 PM   #5
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by NeoA:
Is there really NO ONE who's got an Idea what the Problem could be?
I have no idea what might be causing that bug, NeoA. The best advice I can give is to UN-install the game completely then Re-install it. Maybe that will wipe out the glitch causing the problem. The good news is that you will NOT lose your Saved Games when you UN-install. Once you Re-install BG2, any games you were playing will still be there.

I'm sure other members will come along soon enough with more advice on what may be causing your bug. This forum IS fairly active - though I agree it has been a lot slower than usual these last few weeks. Still, it shouldn't be long before you get some more responses.

In the meantime......

[img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img]

WELCOME TO IRONWORKS!!!

[img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2004, 01:48 PM   #6
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

My npc will walk backwards a short way sometimes if i right click, maybe its some error to do with this? Sorry, not really anygood at fixing things, but its just a thought as to what may have gone wrong. Feel free to say im talking rubbish!

[ 12-02-2004, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Aragorn1 ]
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 05:24 PM   #7
NeoA
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmm, I allready uninstalled and reinstalled the Game 4 times. It didn't work. But thanks for the Ideas.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:04 PM   #8
Malthaussen
Manshoon

Make sure your graphics engine has the latest driver. Note that even a new computer may have an outdated driver.

Per your request: in English, unlike German, only proper nouns (names of persons or places) should be capitalized.

-- Mal
Old 12-03-2004, 04:50 AM   #9
NeoA
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oops, thanks for the correction.

I just installed the latest driver. No change. Maybe it's time for a new graphics card.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:08 AM   #10
vesselle
Hathor

are you sure you have the game config'ed correctly? first off, run dxdiag and make sure you do all the D3D and DirectDraw tests they give you. do you pass all of them?

the box around them and the fact that the screen is moved to one side with a space on the other sounds like you might not have OGL or glide capabilities in your current video card/drivers. but since we don't know what kind of card you have or what drivers you're using, it's hard to tell. if you have an nv20 card, then it's very likely gonna give you problems too.

run BG Config and make sure you don't have 3D Acceleration enabled, 16bit isn't enabled (in both places), and then run the tests that they ask you to run. do you pass or not?

V***V

[ 12-05-2004, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: vesselle ]