Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2004, 12:18 PM   #1
Link
Jack Burton

Sad

No one ever tried to be Six's equal in evilness (if you don't know what I'm talking about, then go and read "I'm STILL a Naughty Boy" in the Classics Thread on the top of the subjects list). While I know that Six's evil deeds can never really be overdone, I still wanted to give it a try, just to taste the sweetness of being an evil person.

Usually in RPG's (as Knights of the Old Republic recently proved once more) I play the goody-two-shoes, giving beggars some cash, freeing slaves and stuff. How satisfying that may seem, the evil side within me was screaming for some attention, and nothing but a good old-fashioned game of Baldur's Gate 2 is the key, in my humble opinion.

I started my character, rolled some good stats for him (I NEVER play female [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), and decided to name him Troy (and yes, there's a deeper meaning to that name, just think of the Greek myths and the upcoming movies about it). I also decided to play him solo, so it was just me against the world.

So, here we are: a half-elf fighter/mage lying sprawled out in a cage being tortured by an ugly-faced wizard who is about to 'unlock my power'. Golem comes to say something, Jonnie leaves, Shadow Thief dies, and Imoen opens the door... and I'M FREE!!!!

So what to do now? I could of course try and kill Imoen, but she has that nasty un-unequipable belt of hers, so that's out of the question. I decided to use her as my puppet to clear away the traps so I, moi, wouldn't get hurt on my glorious way outside. Instead of chosing the easy way in dealing with Minsc and Jaheira (letting them be crushed by tons of rock when Chateau Irenicus explodes) I set them free.. and gave them the finger. On my way up I took my brother's sword with me (I tried to charm the genie, but he was resistant as hell.. maybe I should've pickpocketed him [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] ) So he escaped. Sue me. I will kill all his genie friends in Trademeet later anyway. The last thing I did before going to the second floor was get the Dryad Acorns of Ilyich's stinking, charred corpse, told the dryads about it and waved the nuts in front of them (for the XP!) and then took off. Maybe I'll put them on the pyre where Viconia will be burned. Should make a lovely sight indeed.

Yoshimo greated me on the second level, but I dismissed him, so I'll get a chance with him later (I'll deal with him before Spellhold [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img] ). I killed everyone on that level (including the vampire, although she became quite misty before eventually disappearing) and made it safely to the sunlight.

Imoen is finally gone, no more XP wasted to her, and I'm alone at last. I decided to pay Aerie a little visit in her circus tent. Again I tried to kill the genie, but he was off again. Damn genies, who invented them anyway? So I proceeded to this ogre, who told me that I needed a sword to free her of her chains. First I wanted to whack her with my Katana, but I quickly so a much better death for the ugly beast. I went and got the 'key' for Aerie, waved it in front of her eyes, and never really gave it. She suddenly berserked, and I had no choice but to kill her [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img] Sent a shiver down my spine, even more when Quayle blamed himself for her death. Too bad Leuitenant Aegisfield could not arrest him for that (which should be possible! evil evil gnome!), because he's dead as well.

I killed Kalah in the end, because he was so pathetic. Then I remembered I told the boy outside the circus tent that I would find his mummy. I did find her, sent her outside, but when I got there, the little brat was still there. He paid for his insolence! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

The Copper Coronet's backrooms are empty now, although I did have the pleasure of... hum-hum.. enjoying some of Madam Nin's.. hum-hum.. items. Lehtinan had such a nasty cough, I thought Hendak could solve that for him. Too bad I killed Hendak too, but as you all know, you can still get the discount that way. Bernard probably never saw that coming! The Copper Coronet sewers were fun as well. I got Lilarcor (so I can do something horrible to that wretched sword later on), and charmed Quallo to kill a Carrion Crawler for me. He never survived that encounter. Poor lad. [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img] The Slaver Ship is almost empty. I left the kids to starve, as I never opened the doors for them. I did try to kill them, but I hate loss of reputation for something that little (Did you know that that girl has more than 30 HP? She took a surprisingly high amount of Magic Missiles to kill!!)

So now I'm wandering through Athkatla, seeking ways to get experience. Already did half of the Tanner Murder Quest in the Bridge District, but them damn Rune Assassins keep backstabbing me to death. Playing on insane is taking it's toll. Ah well, wait until Bodhi here's this...

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 02:02 PM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Oh, the classics [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 02:33 PM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Nice story!
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 04:45 PM   #4
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Lmao! I've gotta go read Six's now coz that was class!
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote