Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2003, 07:56 PM   #1
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

Spoliers maybe...
Okay, so I've talked to Fennacia or whatever her name is, and found out that Cernd's kid is in the Deril (spelling?) Estate in the Government District. I go there, go into the house, and Deril turns out to be this incredible spellcaster who summons a Rakshasha or something like that to help him fight you. I can't do anything, they are just too powerful together. My group is...

-Velnor (PC Berserker)
-Minsc
-Jaheira
-Aerie
-Cernd

And when I fight them I can get the summon to 'Injured' status and Deril to 'Injured' status, but then they imprison me and time stop and blahblahblah... It's really starting to piss me off. Does anybody have any suggestions of how I can beat these guys? Or should I wait 'til a higher level? My group is all around level 10. Is there any other way to get Cernd's kid without fighting? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:30 PM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Spell Immunity: Abjuration will protect against the imprisonments. Your character levels aren't exactly great right now, but that's okay, you should still be able to take the wizard on. Try using summon spells from Aerie and Jaheira if she has any, and send Minsc and Velnor to attack the mage. Send your PC into berserker mode (or whatever it's called) since I think that protects against some spells. Then just hack away while Aerie casts spells at the summons from behind.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 08:43 PM   #3
Grammar
Zhentarim Guard

You can get the kid without a fight. I forget the dialogue way, but keep reloading until you get it. Not sure if there are wis/int/cha checks though...
Grammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 09:32 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The "summon" to which you refer is Lagole Gon, a high-level Lich. At the start of the fight, it is only your party vs. Deril: Lagole Gon is not, I repeat NOT, Hostile to you, although you can make him so if you hit him with any weapons of spells. Since your party is of (pretty much) inadequate levels to go Lich hunting, especially with another enemy Mage present, I suggest you excercise moderation and just kill Deril. Which should be surprisingly easy, considering you have 2 Druids in the party. While Liches (such as Lagole Gon) are immune to all spells of Level 5 and lower, regular Mages (such as Deril) are not.

On the off chance that you do have to worry about Imprisonment.....dude, your PC is a Berserker. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2003, 02:33 AM   #5
Faceman
Hathor

If you decide to fight the Lich anyway (but I'd never go against Six's advice [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
just use anti-undead weaponry.
+ Cast Sunray from Daystar (if you got it)
+ use the Mace of Disruption (if you got it )
+ use Azuredge (if you got it , can be purchased at the CC)
Do so before he gets his defensive spells up, or after you've dispelled them.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:01 AM   #6
Bredalbane
User Suspended for 1 Month [Apr17]

I just left Cernd to his fate(you don't have to help him), once I found out what a slime he was. I tried to raise him from the dead so I could boot him out of the party, but no joy(darn). Strangely, you take no rep hit for this, so I just plundered his corpse and sold the stuff I couldn't use.
Bredalbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 09:18 AM   #7
ryaldin
Elminster

Since you have both Jaheira and Cernd in your party, somewhere along the line you should have a few Insect plagues hanging about, just waiting to be unleashed upon some unsuspecting acarophobic mage. Deril, despite being the phenomenal mage that he is won't be able to do a thing. Pick him apart at your leisure.

Okay, okay, so I looked up acarophobia
Old 11-19-2003, 09:47 AM   #8
Link
Jack Burton

All that for a baby... [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img] Just toss him in the pool of blood I'd say, just like Fenris Malkior did [img]smile.gif[/img]
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 03:42 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
....just like Fenris Malkior did [img]smile.gif[/img]
It's Melkior, MElkior!!! If he were around, Loviatar only knows what he might do to you!!

(In ToB, a rather bumbling journalist misspells Edwin's name--to his face. Oooops.)

[ 11-20-2003, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: SixOfSpades ]
Old 11-19-2003, 04:51 PM   #10
Link
Jack Burton

Malkior sounds better [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Link is offline   Reply With Quote