Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2002, 11:24 AM   #1
nagnes
Welcomed New User

Spoiler
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

How do I defeat Firkraag? I do not have the wand of cloudkill. Is there a way of going back to the first game area to pick up the wand of cloudkill if you missed it first time around? Is there a tactic to kill Firkragg without needing to use the wand of cloudkill? Should I just leave him be until later in the game when my party is stronger? My party comprises of me as a mage, Minsc, Korgan, Mazzy,Anomen and Valygar.

DSlaytern] Spoiler tag added and a title edit.

[ 10-20-2002, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Old 10-20-2002, 11:57 AM   #2
WhirlingDervish
Dungeon Master

Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

There are at least two other wands of cloudkill you should be able to get your gauntlets or bracers on early in the game.

-The litch behind the secret door in the tavern by the city gates, usually drops a wand of cloudkill for you (also you can aquire daystar here).

-I believe you can also acquire a wand of cloudkill from Mekrath's domain, which is accessible from the sewers. I can't remember if its on his body or in a chest. (this is part of the Haer'Dalis quest you can pick up in the basement of the inn in the bridge district)

You also might want to check out Dundee's site if you have not visited yet. He has several practical and entertaining dragon whacking stratagies...

[img]graemlins/1druid.gif[/img]
WhirlingDervish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 11:58 AM   #3
philip
Galvatron

What levels are they?

Place your characters around him in all directions so his Wing Buffet will not blow away all your party.

Try to buy Lower Resistance scrolls or memorise it if your mage has the spell.
You could try without but more spells will fail. And bomb him with spells from your mage and Anomen while your melee fighters hack at him. You'll need weapons that (I think) are +2 or +3 and higher. If you can haste your melee fighters first. You can also try to improve their fire resistance but it isn't necesarry.

Summon some help: If Anomen or your mage is level 15 or higher cast Animate Dead for Skeleton Warriors. If they aren't use the level 6 summoning spells like Invisible stalker, Aerial Servant etc. Don't summon fire elementals since it's a red dragon resistant to fire.

[edit] WELCOME TO Escape!!!!

could you use a spoiler tag in your title? Read this on how to do it and other tips.

[ 10-20-2002, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: philip ]
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 12:58 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Actually, I wholeheartedly recommend using Fire Elementals against...
~
~
~
~
Spoiler
~
~
~
~
... Firkragg, as they HEAL from his Dragon's Breath. [img]tongue.gif[/img] They are one of the few summons that can last the entire battle. Remember, even if the Fire Elemental is not hurting Firkragg, neither is Firkragg hurting YOU.

In other tips, keep all summons in front of Firkragg while your party melee members try to stay behind Firkragg. This is to avoid being Wing Buffeted, as it can be very annoying.

Take heed to boost your Fire Resistance to 100%+ as well. There are many low-level spells, potions and equipment that can help you achieve this.

Good luck, have fun.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 01:14 PM   #5
Vedran
Lord Soth

Question Mark

Lovely cat!
Don't dragons have Death Spell?
DS makes summoning a bit harder. Anyway, just send a worthless summon to spend it.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 01:38 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

If I am not mistaken...
~
~
~
~
Spoiler
~
~
~
~
... Firkragg does not have Death Spell, but even if he does... as the old saying goes, summons are expendable. Just conjure more of them so to speak.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 06:06 PM   #7
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Good tips! I like the fire elemental one...
Old 10-20-2002, 06:47 PM   #8
JeraalMordeth
Dungeon Master

There is a sword called Dragon Slayer in the Chapel in Firkraag's dungeon. Use it! There is a spell called Finger of Death that drops him like a gnat after a Lower Resistence or three. Minor Globe of invulnerability protects from all his magical attacks, and fire resistence, fire shield: red, protection from fire, or protection from energy keeps you safe from his breath. Haste, decoys, and multi directional attacks minimize the wing buffet.

Give Dragon Slayer to a proper thief and have him backstab...We're talking 10x-14x damage(as much as 300 in one hit), plus coating in poison, ouch...
JeraalMordeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 06:55 PM   #9
BlackJack21
The Magister

Dragons can't be backstabbed
BlackJack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 08:27 PM   #10
Paul-Muad'Dib
Elite Waterdeep Guard

it's funny...

i was grooming keldorn to be a red dragon slayer. he had the dragon slayer long sword, the dragon shield & helm, and a ring of fire resistance.

he got squished by that vampire in the twisted rune room. poor bastard...

worst of all, his goodies are lost forever!
Paul-Muad'Dib is offline   Reply With Quote