Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2002, 10:08 PM   #1
Raskin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Here is my current party:
Me - Ranger
Minsc
Yoshimo
Aeria
Jaheira
Nalia

I am currently in the govt district and have the option of adding Jan or Viconia. I am thinking of dumping Nalia for Viconia. That Jan guy looks pathetic. Any ideas?
Raskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 10:47 PM   #2
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Every NPC brings his or her own special skills and dialougue to the game; I don't believe that any one character is better or worse than another, they just need to be played differently and unless you plan on only playing the game once I suggest that you pick the party that works best for you at the moment, you can always come back to pick up Jan or Viconia later if you get bored of someone else and want a change or just save them for the next time you play through.
It's a game, have fun, don't get too het up over who's right and who's wrong. 8-)
Old 01-09-2002, 12:21 AM   #3
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Jan isn't pathetic, but it depends on what skills you need in your party. If it were me I'd keep Nalia because the only mage you have is Aerie, and you have two priests, and you have a thief in Yoshimo so you don't really need Jan's thieving. Plus Viconia is evil so you might have trouble with rep since most of your party is good and I imagine you'd be a goodly type of group. But just MHO
Old 01-09-2002, 03:51 PM   #4
melancholic_goat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Drop Aerie for Viconia. Dont worry about the fact she is evil, conduct your romance with her and she will eventually switch to true neutral. Result! And drop moaning Jaheria for righteous warrior ANomen- good at first, awesome once he has been knighted.

Thats my advice. Enjoy!
Old 01-09-2002, 04:37 PM   #5
Nifft the Nimble

Hello Raskin!

And hail dyspepsic Goaty one: that alignment changing trick only works if one has ToB installed. Our friend Raskin may not.

Honest Raskin, Jan is an amazing NPC, a decent Mage and the best thief in the game. You don't need him, though: you have Yoshimo, Aerie and Nalia, who more than cover his powers. When you get Imoen back you'll need another mage even less. [img]smile.gif[/img]

In my humble opinion, Aerie is more than enough Cleric for any party. You don't need Viconia, nor will she be a particularly good fit. If you ever want to play an evil Fighter/Thief (half-elven or human) go look her up. She's worth a replay, or so I've heard.

So, the upshot is: your party is missing nothing. Enjoy them.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 06:32 AM   #6
Anarion

quote:
Originally posted by Nifft the Nimble:
Hello Raskin!

And hail dyspepsic Goaty one: that alignment changing trick only works if one has ToB installed. Our friend Raskin may not.

Honest Raskin, Jan is an amazing NPC, a decent Mage and the best thief in the game. You don't need him, though: you have Yoshimo, Aerie and Nalia, who more than cover his powers. When you get Imoen back you'll need another mage even less. [img]smile.gif[/img]

In my humble opinion, Aerie is more than enough Cleric for any party. You don't need Viconia, nor will she be a particularly good fit. If you ever want to play an evil Fighter/Thief (half-elven or human) go look her up. She's worth a replay, or so I've heard.

So, the upshot is: your party is missing nothing. Enjoy them.

-- Nifft

Jan is an amazing character- his flasher basher mates( or whatever) are just the best. he has good thieving skills too.