Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2002, 12:38 AM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Well, I´m gonna start a new multiplayer game....making all the characters or at least five of them so i can pick up the NPC during the game...but I´d like some advice on how to put a new party together!
I mean wich kinda soldier is good with that kinda sorcerer and druid or HEEEELP what do I use...
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 03:13 AM   #2
Lucifer Lord of demons
Manshoon

Hi!!!

Now if you have ToB installed you can become VERY powerful so here is a powergamer party(my personel one)

Kensai lvl 23/thief Human
Monk Human
Barbarian half-orc
Beserker lvl 16/cleric Human
Illusionist/thief/ Gnome
Cleric mage Half-elf

If you DON'T have ToB then here is the recommended party

Kensai lvl 9/mage Human
Inquisitor Human
Beserker Half-orc
Cleric of (your choice)Half-orc
Illusionist/thief Gnome
Sorcerer Elf

I won't tell you what items to take and could you answer this post and tell me what u think
When someone insults you, do not kill them there and then. It is a bad thing to do. Instead plot revenge, destroy his life, ruin him and in the end leave him to think about his fate. He\'ll understand the errors of his actions. <br /><br />\"Thaaat dooesn\'t huuuuurt!!!\"<br />(Victim of a dark elf assasin before losing his head)
Lucifer Lord of demons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 07:08 AM   #3
PeeWee
Manshoon

There are soooo many fun possibilities.

I started listing alot of different groups and had to start this over. But let me try again =)

If it were my group, I'd pick something just for fun. I'd consider weapons I already know too( not like I kow much right off tho).

I'd start off by getting something good for demons/undead ( since I hate em).

***Human Cavalier. I pick him over an inquisitor because the inquisitor doesn't have turn undead which can help out alot. Leave the detection for some other class(there are also other reasons too). We aren't soloing this guy so we want a solid tank who has bonuses against most of the horror out there. Check the immunities and compare knowing the other doesn't have turn undead as mentioned. I'd put 2 points into two hand skill, 1 into flail, 1 in longswords, and 2 into two hand weapon style. This guy can wear your plate you pick up and can dance toe to toe solo as you may have seen from other posts .(hardest guy to get proper max stats)

I was going to say use a human monk and elven kensai but changed my mind. The monk has some good qualities however. I'm lookin for another solid tank mixed in with skills here. SO I chose ...

***Half-orc fighter/thief
What else can I say. He's got 19 str to carry 500 lbs worth of your goods. Take off his plate to scout around or detect traps and to get thru em. Easy to get max important stats. I think you need a minimum of 10 intelligence to use a wand of magic missle, not sure but check on it. This is the guy you want to use when you don't wanna go finding someone else for traps or locked chests.

Then, I am at a crossroads here. Ya would want one more decent melee person yet someone with ranged weapon proficiencies. I think elves are good for that and have immunities to boot... so let's see.(don't overlook the available weapons you alrdy know are in game)

**** elven archer with a hate for demons. ya get stealth, alot of proficiency points and some immunities. A good bow and your to hit bonuses should help out alot when you need the ranged attacks. I put two points into short bow, 1 into mace, 1 into club, 1 into flail, and another into two weapon style. You may want to mix it up if you want him to use clubs and maces mostly. Rangers are a good choice since they get racial enemies. Not that he can't wear plate nor chain I think either.

Then we have 3 more slots. Can go with another tank... or a mix of a priest which is also good to add.

*** half-orc cleric Should have decent ac and 19 str is nice. 18 str and 19 have no difference in the to hit bonus. He has 3 points for proficiencies. What I did was put one into quarter staff, 1 into sling, and another into war hammer. This is the healer of the bunch and also can hold his own by using a staff like the rynn or even the +5 sling. I'm sure his blade barrier and staff combo will help the other guys out too. It was easy to max his stats out but at a cost of low int - I'm sure your rolls would be way better.

Then ya would definitely want a mage here. I'd prefer a mage with decent str but some immunities and a high int with okay wis.

***elven mage with proficiency in quarter staff and sling. Same goes for maxxing important stats. Not a whole lot can be said here, well it can, but elven mages are good. I just prefer the immunity and dex bonus. Also I'd take a straight mage. I think ya get more versatility that way.

That leaves the last slot open for your npc.

Human Cavalier
Half-Orc Fighter/Thief
Elven Archer
Half-Orc Cleric
Elven Mage

That's what I think would make a decent group. Probably not as fun as having a blade with a kensai and monk, but it's doable. I personally don't like berserkers. No controlling them.

Another fun group may be: blade, kensai, monk, cleric/mage, cavalier, swashbuckler.

Welp, there seems to be tons of things ya can do.

Have fun.
Old 02-09-2002, 07:16 AM   #4
Sorcerer Alex

Great post, PeeWee. I love your sig, too.

I would go for a pretty standard party of:

Fighter (Half-orc)
Ranger (Dwarf)
Cleric (Elf)
Thief (Elf)
Mage (Human)

This leaves one slot for the NPC you wish to take with you and gives you a pretty broad, all-round party. But at the end of the day, it is up to you [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2002, 01:36 PM   #5
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Thanx guys...Peewee GREAT POST
I was thinking of making four fighters and then dual them later in the game...but can I dual i.e a beserker og a barbarian?

Spawkie
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote