Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2003, 10:16 AM   #21
lethoso
Manshoon

send him an email and tell him that if you do not receive evidence the package has been sent, or your money back, you will report him for mail fraud (the relevant crime here, might be different in pommyland). I have heard lots of stories similar to this one, most of them do not end well. Get as much information as you can on him and go to the relevant authority if he does not come through with the goods/cough up the cash.

don't put up with any bullshit he gives you, it'll only make it harder for you to recoup your money.
Old 05-18-2003, 10:57 AM   #22
Vampire

I'll give parcel force until end of tmr (monday).
If it hasn't arrived, I will phone them.
I will also get the sender to get me a tracking number.

Otherwise if nothing arrives on Tuesday, then I will send him an email asking him for moneyback or police.

Old 05-18-2003, 11:15 AM   #23
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

this is one of the reasons i still dont trust ebay or auction in the internet. its just plain scary because you can easily be fooled by this. and few options for redemption

Catch me if you can..
Old 05-18-2003, 12:51 PM   #24
Lovisa
Manshoon

I say track him down and make him get that computer for you, and be kinda hard on him cause he know that he's not doin right and sooner or later ur gonna get mad so why not already [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2003, 08:28 AM   #25
Vampire

He finaly texted me the tracking code. However the Royal mail has NO information on it, however it is a valid special delivery code.
So either the seller has given me an ancient code, or the packet got stolen in the post office, since there's no info on leaving the local post office.

I can only get my lazy reluctant dubious seller to contact the post office.

This is pants

Old 05-19-2003, 08:53 AM   #26
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I've been in this kind of pickle before -- got an email after I lost an eBay bit saying "The bid winner renigged, do you wanna buy?" It was a scam. I stopped it just short of losing $1K or more.

How did you pay? If the whole thing is kaputz, let's see how we may reclaim your money.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:27 AM   #27
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
I've been in this kind of pickle before -- got an email after I lost an eBay bit saying "The bid winner renigged, do you wanna buy?" It was a scam. I stopped it just short of losing $1K or more.

How did you pay? If the whole thing is kaputz, let's see how we may reclaim your money.
Well, according to the post office the code is definitely recent and valid.
Yet the seller's total lack of interest is really disencouraging.
I paid by cash into his account.
I want my money back unless he can post another laptop off somehow, preferbly via another post office.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:50 AM   #28
quietman1920

While I know you are tempted to solve this with a +20 Cricket Bat of Beating, I think its time to see the police. He's still advertising/scaming and you want to catch him before the money dries up and he skips.

It all comes down to what you want. If you want your money back, its time for the Police to deal with it. If the money means nothing, feel free to take it out of his hide with the cricket bat. But you'll not get a laptop PC from a conman who doesn't have any, no matter how long you wait.

PS- Did you know you can get a postal shipping number by picking up a blank slip at a local post office?

PPS- People, please Never Accept those non-EBAY cointer offers...