Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2002, 07:16 PM   #1
wutaloser
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i was wondering if i could import my character from BG1 to BG2. i tried and it didnt work then i realised i needed ToSC so... is there a way i can go from BG1 straight to BG2? hehe i want to do the
SPOILER?
maybe
im not sure
pantaloon thing [img]smile.gif[/img] but... without using hacks in BG2 ToB to get all the pants at once [img]smile.gif[/img] the reason this might be a spoiler is the mention of the pantaloon easter egg thing could ruin the realization "Geez i should ahve kept those pants" [img]smile.gif[/img] ok

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: wutaloser ]

wutaloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 07:26 PM   #2
Sir Michael
Manshoon

There may be other ways, but I just copied my "final save" game from the BG1 save folder to the BGII save folder. In the character generation screen of BGII, just hit "import character," and a list of save games comes up. Highlight the game, and click okay.
\"You see things; and you say \'Why?\' But I dream things that never were; and I say \'Why not?\'\"<br />-George Bernard Shaw<br /><br />\"Men take only their needs into consideration never their abilities.\"<br />-Napoleon Bonaparte
Sir Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 07:31 PM   #3
wutaloser
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks! i heard something like that but i needed to make sure and not ruin anything [img]smile.gif[/img]
wutaloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 05:53 PM   #4
Panther007
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I read somewhere, that it is possible to import the main character from BG1 to BG2 with ALL the stuff he has in the inventory.
POSSIBLE SPOILER.
I dont remeber for the way now, but it was something like to pause the game in the very beginning of the game (even before the cut-scene with Irenicus), press I, and once iside the inventory screen, put all the things from it to ground. Then press I again, unpause and after the game really starts, you should have all the stuff on the ground.
But i didnt tried yet myself. Someone knows about this?
\"I was never very skilled at Healing, and I follow a different power now.\" His sudden smile was cruel. \"I fear Shai\'tan\'s healing is different from the sort you know. <br />Be healed, Lews Therin!\"
Panther007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 11:20 PM   #5
Harry
The Magister

Location: The Land of naked fraulicing nymphs where your every desire comes true
if you plan on importing the pantaloons just have them in your characters inventory. it will appear behind that picture
Old 02-09-2002, 07:47 PM   #6
Sorcerer Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Panther007:
Anyone know about this?

I certainly do, my friend. Once you kill Sarevok in BG I, the game saves automatically. This final save you must import into your BG II game. Now when you start SoA for the very first time, just before you groan (and while the screen is still black), press the space bar to pause the game. Now go to your inventory, and drop everything on the ground. Once you've had the cut scene with Irenicus you can pick up all your old stuff from BG I - the things you dropped on the floor.
Old 02-11-2002, 05:43 PM   #7
Panther007
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the reply. I wasnt sure if I was right with that trick with the inventory.
\"I was never very skilled at Healing, and I follow a different power now.\" His sudden smile was cruel. \"I fear Shai\'tan\'s healing is different from the sort you know. <br />Be healed, Lews Therin!\"
Panther007 is offline   Reply With Quote