Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2004, 10:46 AM   #1
Too Darkpark
The Magister

I've got a level 2 kajit thief and i'm looking for some decent places to rob. i've gone through most of the houses in Balmora but the pickings are slim.
now i'm exploring through Vivec but most of the places are locked up too tight for my thief not to mention the mean ordinators all over the place.

btw, between the redoran and hlaalu treasure vaults which one is easier to break into?

[ 10-20-2004, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Too Darkpark ]
Old 10-20-2004, 06:33 PM   #2
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

well, if oyur only a level 2 thief, you probably wont be getting to the good stuf anytime soon. i suggest this, get some really nice attack scroll (like something better than summon fireball, and a couple of decent astronach spells) and go to daedric ruins. fin a dremora OUTSIDE the shrine (its be suicide for a low level character to be hunting in the shrines) and start attacking. save before time incase you lose. have the atronach attack him whilst you use the scrolls, after those are done pick him off with the bow (you ARE a thief right?) take his weapons (daedric weapons fatch a pretty handy price) and sell them to creeper. i would go into the vaults unless
1. you speech craft+shortsword skills are high (taunting ordinators until they attack you, then killing them off) or
2. your sneack skill is ultra high(to get around them).

i would suggest ot to do so much stealing first, but training. one decent daedric weapon can pay for a good deal of training.
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 06:51 PM   #3
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Once you get to a higher level, I would recommend a little robbery in the treasuries of the Great Houses - it certainly set me up for life [img]smile.gif[/img]

As a mage, I was able to use spells to do it fairly easily and at a fairly low level, it may be much harder having to do it in plain sight as a thief though, so I would wait a fair few levels [img]smile.gif[/img]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:39 PM   #4
Too Darkpark
The Magister

armageddon272,

thank you for those tips. they'll definately help a lot.

yeah, i am a thief [img]smile.gif[/img] but not all of my thieving skills are upto par yet although my security and sneak skills are in the 50s. as for my bow/marksmanship skill, it isn't developed yet. *grin* i've been neglecting my combat skills.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:56 PM   #5
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

no problem, oh and try this. go to Tel Branora and get the summon golden saint spell 9doesn't matter if you can use it or not) and do what i did. make a ring that will summon a golden saint for a short period of time, make the ring also cast soul trap on target for the same amount of time and kill the golden saint you summoned. if you have a grand sould gem, its be caught. the soul is worth 80000 gold. i do this whenever im short oncash so i dont have to go exploring. although im never short on cash anymore, im a kajit thief too, level 60-something with over 1 million gold. so im all set
Old 10-20-2004, 08:59 PM   #6
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

oh, and when your in need of cash but dont want to find a dremora, another place to get a daedric weapon is by killing a man in Dren plantaion (he is in the cabin on stilts near the netches). he has a daedric dai-katana (120000 gold) but is a little difficult. still, it shouldnt be too hard if you get the dwemer jinksword and the netch-blade (or make a better enchanted attack weapon). i ont think he is very important to the game, ive been playing as a thief and i have had no missions involving him.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:13 AM   #7
Too Darkpark
The Magister

Great! Thank you. I actually did visit the Dren plantation before reading your two posts. I kill the guy you mentioned and took the daedric claymore and i also slaughtered a few of the people who reside in some of those shacks. out of the deal, i walked away with an ebony shortsword (using that now), two glass daggers, glass shield, and a ebony long sword.

by the way, which faction did you join? To me it would seem that the Hlaalu family would match up with a thief but those people are such scumbags. I thought about the Redorans but they're mostly fighters and when you build your manor it ends up being in the middle of nowhere. Hmm.. about the Telvanni? i don't plan on bothering with magic except for illusions (i'm minoring in illusion since i'll be relying on personality/speechcraft to talk my way out of some situations). of course, there is always the blind spell which will help me to make my getaways.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:48 PM   #8
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

as a thief, you want to join thieves guild, morag tong, hlaalu house, and maybe The east empire company. im currently master thief, grandmaster assasin, and grandmaster of hlaalu, i havn't been workng on the company missions yet.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:40 PM   #9
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

if you really want magic do what i always do. steal something for lots of money (if you dont already have lots of money), then steal and exquisite amulet or ring, buy the spell you want, then go buy an enchantment. oh, you will of course need a soul gem, but you can steal those from Galbedir in Balmora. PM me if you want to know an easy way to do it no matter how bad a thief you are.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:57 PM   #10
Too Darkpark
The Magister

actually, where could i find some filled (w/ golden saint or better) grand soul gems? i already used errr.. more like wasted the gem a i stole form the magic user in balmora.
i screwed up by accidentally enchanting an amulet with the mark and recall spell. for some reason, i thought that i could select which spell i wanted to cast. heheh so when i went to use it nothing happened but an X was left on the map.

anyway, i could really use a pair of items with the mark and recall spells. running back and forth from the thieves guild in vivec is such a pain in the behind.
i could also use a ring that boosts luck so i could find some better treasure in the caves/tombs.

another question: where could i find a scroll of summing a golden saint? i did buy the spell but i can't cast it.