Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2002, 10:54 PM   #1
Winkin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Does anyone know wtf is wrong with Vi in my game???

She is ALWAYS insane, drained, and diseased...at 1st i thought it was the cursed item i gave her, but then i took it off and still the same effects. She ends up killing my party more than the enemies do.

This is getting extremely annoying and i have no idea how to fix it, in which i turn to you guys for help.

ANY help would be appreciated here
Thanks

~Wink
Old 05-05-2002, 10:58 PM   #2
Avenstar
Dungeon Master

Have you tried curing her?

Is she carrying the Destinae Dominus without wearing the Helm of Serenity?

Do you have the latest patch? 12_23 patch
If you don't have the latest patch - Has Vi ever been hit with the spell Toxic Cloud?
Old 05-05-2002, 11:04 PM   #3
Winkin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

She does not have the Destinae Dominus, im just almost at the swamp. I do have the latest patch, im not sure why this is happening at all I'm thinking about just letting her go, shes not worth it considering she never does anything cept kill my own people

Only reason why im keeping her is that every 1 out of 100 times she attacks she IS good. Sigh, any other good fighter rpcs i can pick up since Myles will be leaving shortly too?

~Wink
Old 05-06-2002, 04:29 AM   #4
MasterPooBaa
Zhentarim Guard

if u dont like her, ditch her
better to spread the exp between your own party members!
Old 05-06-2002, 06:12 AM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

perhaps you should reload your game before the thing happen.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 12:20 PM   #6
armakh
Manshoon

Do try and cure her, etc. Different people feel different ways about the RPC's, but if she's hurting you more than helping her, by all means, get rid of her. She won't go underwater anyway. When you get to the mine tunnels, you'll be able to get RFS-81-the only RPC that I used for very long. Remember, like someone earlier mentioned-the more people that you have in your party, the more thinly spread the XP is, so the longer it will take to level up. All a matter of playing style, though. Like so many have said before-play like you want to play and enjoy the game. There are so many different ways to play and finish-that's what I think makes this game great.
Old 05-06-2002, 12:27 PM   #7
armakh
Manshoon

Sorry for the back-to-back posts...

Is Vi getting these from spells, and combat effects? If so, make sure that you have magic screen up at full strength all the time. Also, when fighting those nightmares (frightmares, diremares, etc) or Rynjin, which I assume may be doing the insanity/turncoat thing, try a good soul shield-these should both really help with those sorts of affects. I have decided that Magic screen and missile shield may be the two most useful spells from my bishop.
Old 05-06-2002, 03:32 PM   #8
Winkin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well i deceided to take your advice and dismiss her...but i can't lol. When i try to dismiss her she just laughs, i can dismiss Myles fine but not Vi. I have also tried to cure her of the insanity yet it has not worked.

Sigh...I cant go any further either cus she keeps killing my party.

Add on : I was just playing, tryin to dismiss her and what not, when i stumbled to find that she has all 3 of these effects permanent. Heh, all i can say is wtf.

~Wink

[ 05-06-2002, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Winkin ]
Old 06-03-2002, 03:12 AM   #9
Xantor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

To flesh out an earlier post here, the versions of Wiz8 before the current one had an uncurable bug. If a character was hit with certain spells that character remained under their influence permanently. The latest patch fixed that problem when the patch was installed correctly. If Vi is uncurable, check the version number of the game and see if it is the most recent (ver. 1.2.4). If it isn't upgrade the patch and you will be able to cure her. Once cured and developed properly (polearm, please) she becomes a mighty fighter and reliable at ascension peak.
Xantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 04:39 AM   #10
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Hmm, you could try weighing her down for now (put lots of stuff in her inventory, get her into the red level for weight). Then run with your party until she passes out, then try dismiss her while she's unconscious.

Also I've developed her with both a polearm and also once with dual mace skill, she's very good either way if you can get the issue fixed, probably is a patch problem. There is no one right way to develop her, depends on your party's needs. I've heard of people making her into a fighter or priest and having success that way too.