Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2003, 01:21 PM   #1
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

OK, I am finding that my combat skills are weak on many opponents besides the weakest Brigands. My best friend has been fire arrow but I run out of power. I was hoping to rest in the inn or pub but all I seem to be able to do is eat or drink. Is there a way to rest?

Or do I have to buy potions to restore my mana for spells?

[ 10-08-2003, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 10:57 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Uh.. Are we talking about the same game here? I don't recall the option to eat/drink or having to restore mana at all in Soulbringer.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 10:12 AM   #3
pritchke

Eating and drinking restore HP, but I don't know how to build up my magic power bar. I assume its the same game, the game is the extra that comes with Planescape:Torment. Mana probaly wasn't the correct word however I am limited to the amount of spells I can use.

[ 09-17-2003, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 09-17-2003, 06:31 PM   #4
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Oh, my mistake. I was thinking of Soulblighter.. Silly me. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 02:34 PM   #5
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
pritchke, you got the two in one deal too, huh? Planescape controls were easy to figure out; especially since I've played the BG series before and the controls are extremely similar Same gaming engine and all.

I wish I had your problem but I still have to figure out what exactly the controls are. There isn't an option to change them as far as I've seen. I've managed to draw my knife and swing it three different ways, but I don't know how to put it away. I've experimented with ever letter key on the key board with medial success, but nothing exceptionally useful. Anyone know a site with a downloadable game manual? Or perhaps they could list the games major controls in this topic?

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 09:48 AM   #6
pritchke

Firestormalpha here are some tips on the controls.

The only key you need to know is "Esc". I believe there are a few other keys that work (arrow keys, z)but the mouse has been my best friend. Most of the controls seem to be in the top right. In the top right they have the options and below that a list of combat tactics, or spells. For example if you selected the sword icon than a weapon will equip and you can change the weapon by scrolling through them with the arrow keys, you can scroll through food like this to. I believe selecting one of the other icons actually puts away your weapon. Some other tips that it took me to figure out:

"double click the left mouse button on ground" = Run to spot on ground,

"Left Click an enemy during combat" = This brings up his health, as well targets him so your spells are not flying off in the wrong directions or you don't spend much time lining yourself up to fight. After selecting him you can just click "slash", "bash" a spell, or a combo that you created.

There are more than one way in the game to kill enemies. For example I believe different weapons seem to be better on some opponents.

Bows and crossbows are good but arrows and bolts are scarce so I usually use them sparingly on tougher enemies after weakening them with magic.

Minor Spoiler
-
-
-
-
I am in the mines (at level 3 or 4) and I have discovered that you can actually kill opponents by activating the mine trolleys to run them over. A little tricky but very cool.

I am still very low on mana, I am thinking I may have to give in and spend some money on potions. I am starting to enjoy this game but it does take some getting used to, and I have died many times. The dialog with NPC's is very nice, as well the gore can be pretty neat at times, I beheaded this one guy with my short sword. Anyway don't give up yet as there seem to be tons of things to learn about this game.

Oh and don't eat the mushrooms.

[ 09-19-2003, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 09-19-2003, 07:10 PM   #7
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Pritchke, do you know of any good websites for Soulbringer? and is there any way to bring up the graphics? I don't mind too much, but pixelated 3D graphics can give me a headache. Last time I tried to mess with the settings on the start up screen the game wouldn't even go past the intro movie before locking up.

[ 09-19-2003, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 01:00 PM   #8
pritchke

Found this in the readme file.

LAST-MINUTE MANUAL ADDENDUM
===========================
We have introduced a couple of final features into the game after the
manual was sent for publication. These are:

F1 key - pressing the F1 key will cause the name of your current location
to appear at the bottom of the screen.

F2, F3 - you can use these keys to adjust the gamma correction in hardware.

RETURN - pressing return will cause the character to repeat the last action
or combo that you performed.

The walkthrough from game FAQ has some useful information. Read up until stats, and at the bottom there is some info on herbs. You can avoid spoilers if you don't read anything else. I will not read the walkthrough until I am stuck. Oh I disagree with the arrows section I found the arrows helpful.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/25802.html

Very uesful tips and walkthrough:
http://www.primagames.com/strategy/guide/277/

That is about all I could find with anything useful.

[ 09-21-2003, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 09-26-2003, 09:41 AM   #9
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

Is soulbringer for pc?

CHECK IT OUT IM A DROW WARRIOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!
cloud ff7 38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 10:08 AM   #10
pritchke

Quote:
Originally posted by cloud ff7 38:
Is soulbringer for pc?

CHECK IT OUT IM A DROW WARRIOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!
Yes it is for the PC, it comes bundled with Planscape:Torment. I am not even sure it can be bought separately unless it is found on e-bay. Most people (like me) want Planescape so we end up with this added bonus.