Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 10:24 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I wanted to get the word out to everyone that a recall on three brands of hot dog chili is in effect, one of which is my favorite brand. I don't know the other two brands, but the one I have that is being recalled is Castleberry's Original, with the UPC barcode of 3030000101.

There have been reports of botulism contamination and four people hospitalized.

BTW, has anyone noticed that PeterPan peanut butter is still not on the shelves anywhere?

Edit: Link to some news on it: http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/18/chi....ap/index.html

Quote:
Botulism is a muscle-paralyzing disease caused by a toxin made by a bacterium called Clostridium botulinum, according to the CDC.
[ 07-28-2007, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 07-19-2007, 01:01 AM   #2
Spirits Reborn
Anubis

wow.. I've heard of battery recalls, and car recalls. But never hot dog chilli recall.

well its a good thing I don't eat hotdogs.

and I didn't notice that the peter pan's are off the shelves. I'll be sure to look next time I'm in the market.
Spirits Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:17 AM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Thanks for the info Larry. I hadn't heard about this one. Luckily I don't buy canned chili cause nothing beats my homemade kind. Too many recalls going on this year, what the heck is going on?

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:00 AM   #4
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

You won't want to mess with that Chili. I did my graduate work in a Bot. lab and you are very respectfull of it. 1 microgram will kill a 300 kg person. On average if you are intoxicated via this poison you can look at ~ 3 - 6 months in the hospital just to get to some semblance of life and you will still feel the effects for most of your life ( it also costs around 1/2 mill in hospital fees and God knows how much inlawyer fee against the company who screwe up the pasteuriztion). And to think people willingly inject this poision to get rid of wrinkles. We used to have pictures of wrong injections and to see 1/2 of their face hanging flaccid because it was injected to close to a nerve.. shudder...
Old 07-28-2007, 11:41 AM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

This recall of chili has been expanded to include other canned goods from the same company. In the provided link, you can see a full list of those cans. The authorities were stunned to find that after the recall and warning, there were several stores still selling the tainted products because one shift of workers had not communicated with another shift's stockers.

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/News_&_Even...nded/index.asp

ALSO, Sara Lee has recalled certain bread goods.

Quote:
CHICAGO (Reuters) -- Sara Lee Corp. is recalling bread sold under EarthGrains, Sara Lee Delightful Wheat and several other brands because the loaves may contain small pieces of metal, the company said Friday.

The company decided to recall the bread after it discovered damage to a whole-wheat flour sifter during a routine inspection that indicated some metal might have made its way into the bread, Sara Lee spokesman Mark Goldman said.

The bakery is still operating using bagged whole-wheat flour that does not require sifting, Goldman said,

Wierd how so many food recalls are occuring all at once.

[ 07-28-2007, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]