Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2000, 02:51 PM   #1
belshazzar

OK, so I have got to the thieves maze, and cannot get past the Doom Guards. I've tried swords, halberds, arrows,& magic missiles, and my warriors just seem as weak as water. With all the exp. points they have mustered, they seem no stronger than at the start. Any ideas anyone please.?!!!
Old 08-15-2000, 11:59 AM   #2
Azreall

yeah, just kill them. I dont know anny specific tacticts v.s. Doomies. I admit, theyre very strong. Try luring them away from other doomgaurds if there are more of them hanging around. Keep hacking 'n healing, thats the only way. If some NPC's die dont worry, thats very normal. Maybe you should try to gain more exp. It will make it easier.

greets
Old 08-15-2000, 02:52 PM   #3
Rikard

Great Advice Azraellllllllllllllllllll
Have you trie d running past them that might work
Old 08-16-2000, 03:22 AM   #4
Azreall

Rik, thats for bangeschijterds like you. (hoe vertaal je dat ? fearshitters?)
Old 08-16-2000, 04:47 AM   #5
Rikard

Donno but it's not fearshitters ( I hope )
Old 08-16-2000, 07:10 PM   #6
belshazzar

Thanks folks, I have tried running past them, but there are those two skelton archers round the corner, and the guards just keep on following. oh well, when my patience returns I'll give it another go!
Old 08-17-2000, 06:31 PM   #7
Rikard

Yo Az he tried my shit so ■■■■ You and your fearshitters (this sounds very stupid) Mothafucka

I still love you though
Old 08-18-2000, 08:38 AM   #8
belshazzar

Well, I didn't think that a simple question would generate so much BAD LANGUAGE. If this is the best you can all do , this site deserves to shut down!
Old 08-18-2000, 04:13 PM   #9
Adhrael

Hey Belshazzar you´ll got to get used to this language, this is almost normal here !!

About doom guards, if you are already to the maximum xp, you shouldn´t have so many problems with them. Swords work, magic arrows work, magic missiles work... I think they aren´t inmune to anything. If you have so many problems you should try to cast entangle or hold person or a wand of paralyzation and then strike them with ranged weapons and magic.

Hey Rikard, this 'And justice for all' has something to do with Metallica ?? It´s my favorite music band !!!

The outlaw torn
Old 08-18-2000, 04:25 PM   #10
Rikard

Wel belshazzar In holland if you dislike someone you instaid of killing eachother like in america you just verbale abuse the other so it actually loses al meaning if you use that terreble bad language and the non-dutch (so everybody except me and Azreal) usualy don't talk like that so plaese don't leave (yo rikard it was yust a joke,Oh)

And Adh -> Yeah it does actually it's the only metallica album i know because it has one on it the rest i dont know but the songs i do
but do use just like metallica or Rock in general