Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2003, 08:08 PM   #1
Rolandthemad
Manshoon

Why don`t guards ever actually guard? All they seem to do is stand around and scratch themselves. Argh!

I am a Champion of the Legion and I was trying to sleep in the barracks. Two other guards were in the room and several more were right outside. So I`m interrupted in sleep by an assassin and what do they do? Help a fellow trooper not be killed? Hah! No all they do is stand and scratch themselves like always. One even said "Move along" while I fled for my life (I was really low on health).

So eventually I do kill the assassin and contemplate killing all the traitorously apathetic guards, but for what purpose? Certain THEN they`d notice that some lunatic was swinging a sword around. Don`t lift a finger to save me though. Bah!

So anyway, does anyone know of a mod or something that makes guards do their jobs or will Morrowind be perpetually known as the land of incompetant legionaires?

[ 01-19-2003, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Rolandthemad ]
Rolandthemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 08:23 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Not sure about mods for that. I once was trying to kill a slaughterfish from the shore, and a guard came rushing into the water and killed it for me. So i guess sometimes they act, and sometimes they don't. The only damn thing they keep asking me is: Where's your uniform.... it drives me nuts, i'm really starting to hate these guys.
Old 01-19-2003, 08:51 PM   #3
Rolandthemad
Manshoon

I think if you`ve ever been in the Legion they expect you to wear the uniform for the rest of your life. Another good mod ideas - retiring from factions. Like to keep the respect that a Dragon gets (with mod) but not have to wear the damn uniform. Hummm.. maybe I should do that one. [img]smile.gif[/img]

About the guard attacking the fish.. one time I had a guard help me attack a Kougati (sp?) but it was a Redorian guard, not Imperial.. not sure if that means anything.

[ 01-19-2003, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: Rolandthemad ]
Old 01-20-2003, 04:40 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I don't think it makes much difference. The thing i mentioned was right at the beginning in Seyda Neen. I got fresh off the ship and immediately in trouble with a fish. An Imperial guard came to my rescue.
Old 01-20-2003, 05:10 AM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Any guards will only help you if you are attacked by an animal or monster. They will not do anything if you are attack by a human/elf/kajit/argonian.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 12:14 PM   #6
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

was the assasin by chance........................an ash ghoul!!!!!?!??!?! THat was me.....sorry!
Old 01-20-2003, 12:42 PM   #7
Rolandthemad
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Rageheart:
was the assasin by chance........................an ash ghoul!!!!!?!??!?! THat was me.....sorry!
Hah no, you must`ve killed somebody else. The assassin was a Dark Brotherhood assassin (Tribunal). I quite like their little visits now that I can handle them better. Their suits of armor fatten my pockets nicely.