Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2004, 06:25 AM   #21
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

aww come on!!! I am an potion hoarder too! [img]smile.gif[/img] In RL I have a hard time giving stuff away, in the game, I just do not know when they will be of use to me so I don't sell them...

I am, I think, a useless member of ALSB... LOL
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 10:28 AM   #22
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by karlosovic:
It's a disease... so many of us have it... the "Just-In-Case" bug
Nice way to put it . Even for people who know when they'll need potions and when they don't, they still keep them .

On a side note:
Say you're regenerating from...The Ring of Regeneration . You'll be regenerating 1 HP every 6 seconds. Only way to double this is to wear another Ring of Regeneration, allowing you to renerate 2 HP every 6 seconds (note that this is different from regenerating 1 HP every 3 seconds, although it does simplify to that). I know that stacking items with each other that have different regen rates will only cause the item that gives the highest regen rate to work. However, say you have on both rings of regeneration, and then you drink a potion of regeneration. This also regens at a rate of 2 HP per round (every 6 seconds). So will that be a total of 4 HP/round, or will the potion not take effect?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 10:55 AM   #23
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Only way to double this is to wear another Ring of Regeneration
Improved Haste will also speed up your regeneration rate.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 11:27 AM   #24
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Assassin:
quote:
Only way to double this is to wear another Ring of Regeneration
Improved Haste will also speed up your regeneration rate. [/QUOTE]That's a spell, I'm talking about items here

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:56 AM   #25
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Yep, I've been a hoarder ever since the early days. From my room upstairs in the Jovial Juggler in BG1, to the front room of Renal's Guild in SoA, to....CLUAing myself back to the front room of Renal's Guild in ToB, I--keep--everything. If the item has a name, I keep it. If it's a gem, I've got a chest full of everything from Diamonds & up. Quest itmems? They go in that box, over there. Three bookcases jam-packed full of scrolls. Thousands and thousands of rounds of ammo--and because I want to use up the cheap stuff before I progress to the good stuff, I almost never use Ammo of Biting/Dispelling/Piercing/Paralytic/Sunstone/etc/etc/etc. Potions? Don't even get me started. I told myself I wouldn't use any Superior Healing until I'd used up all my Extra Healing....right now, I've only got 215 left to drink. [img]tongue.gif[/img]