Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2003, 02:36 AM   #11
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by karlosovic:
be careful going into that house though unless you really know how to deal with mages.

ps. I think most of the dragons are about 160,000 exp for the kill alone aren't they ? (which is less than 90k x 2 i know but hey). also there are several quests where completion will give you like 40k-50k quest exp for EACH party member (which adds up around 200,000 - 300,000 all up for a party of 6). couldn't say for sure though if any are more than the final scene with bodhi
Firkraag will give you more XP than any dragon, and even he only gives you a measly 64 000 XP [img]smile.gif[/img] With a 6-player party, Bodhi can give you around 660 000 total XP (91000 + 95 000 x 6), since 95 000 of those points are Quest points, thus they will not be split equally between your party members.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:45 AM   #12
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Returning to a temple of Ilmater with the heart of your faithful backstabbing friend will earn you 100000xp. Sweet considering it's a simple erand.

Killing the Big D will also net your party something like 200000xp. You have to earn that one though.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 12:41 PM   #13
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Pyrenk
Member # 11834 posted 01-12-2003 09:39 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yea..Twisted Rune (the rogue stone quest) is probably the toughest non-moded battle in the game. Moded, I would say Improved Bodhi...SPOILER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

were can I find entrance to the twisted runes? because didn't run into it (completed the game 2 times and several non completed games though) :S plz spoil me....
Old 01-13-2003, 12:59 PM   #14
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Annatar:
Pyrenk
Member # 11834 posted 01-12-2003 09:39 PM
Yea..Twisted Rune (the rogue stone quest) is probably the toughest non-moded battle in the game. Moded, I would say Improved Bodhi...SPOILER

were can I find entrance to the twisted runes? because didn't run into it (completed the game 2 times and several non completed games though) :S plz spoil me....
I know only of a few which have found the entrance without getting spoiled, so believe me, you are not the first one to ask this! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, you will need to have one Rogue Stone in your inventory. Go to the Bridge District, and to the house where the Elemental Lich is (If you don't know where this is, it is down south, and the second house to the east from south). One of the entrances on this house leads to the Twisted Rune.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 06:35 AM   #15
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
Anyways, you will need to have one Rogue Stone in your inventory. Go to the Bridge District, and to the house where the Elemental Lich is (If you don't know where this is, it is down south, and the second house to the east from south). One of the entrances on this house leads to the Twisted Rune.
Oh, and let me remind you that you should not reload the autosave right before you enter the door. The thing is that the rogue stone will already be gone by then, so if you want to enter the place for the second time, you'll need another rogue stone.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:55 AM   #16
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

I found it alone, Exxon. Imagine my surprise when I get teleported into the lair.. I freaked as soon as all of them teleported in.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:20 PM   #17
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I stumbled into the Twisted Rune by myself, too. I would probably remember it clearly if I had won a glorious victory, so I think we can deduce that I had my ass handed to me.

After gaining a few levels and getting some decent equipment, however.....
Old 01-14-2003, 06:40 PM   #18
Coats
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I really had no prob with the twisted rune I'm not saying it was simple but it was not the hardest fight in the game!

On a hardness scale of 1 to 10 I give it a 4.
Coats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 05:28 AM   #19
LennonCook
Jack Burton

For more smilies...
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 10:52 AM   #20
drewal
Drow Warrior

On Twisted Rune:

I must say that the TR, even on hard with tactics mod, was not very difficult.

Perhaps being a solo mage accounts for this.

I found improved Bodhi, improved Irenicus, and improved Ilyich all much more difficult.

I have not yet tried improved Demogorgon, or any of the Ascension baddies, but pending those battles, the three I listed above were definetly the toughest for my solo mage.

As a side note, dragons seem to fall like wheat before my threshing blade these days. Are dragons improved by the tactics mod? And if not, is there a mod that will make these wimps tougher?

Adalon especially - one time stop and it was over.