Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2002, 04:46 PM   #11
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
I suspect that Kestral Skyhawk is likely one of two very different types of people.

A. Hippie, tree hugger, nature nut who changed his/her name [img]graemlins/hippysmile.gif[/img]
I also call these types of people "Dedicated, Natural Conservationists" depending on how pretentious they are.

[img]graemlins/1daisy.gif[/img]

or

B. A Native American
Third possibility:
C. Wiccan.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 09-09-2002, 08:00 PM   #12
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Possibility #4: 'Pushy' parents who really (for some bizzare reason) wanted them to be a bird person.
Or the first human capable of natural flight.

[ 09-09-2002, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: Leonis ]
Old 09-10-2002, 10:24 AM   #13
MagiK

LOL Leonis [img]smile.gif[/img] heheh yeah, I would have to have a serious talk with my parents if that were the case [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hmm Saz, I hadn't thought of Wiccans taking those kinds of names. I have known a few but none that had ever changed or mentioned changing their name. IS this a common Wiccan thing?

Old 09-10-2002, 02:09 PM   #14
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
LOL Leonis [img]smile.gif[/img] heheh yeah, I would have to have a serious talk with my parents if that were the case [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hmm Saz, I hadn't thought of Wiccans taking those kinds of names. I have known a few but none that had ever changed or mentioned changing their name. IS this a common Wiccan thing?
At least in this area, it's fairly common both within and without the Wiccan community. There seems to be more of this locally,(in the Pacific Northwest) than in other parts of the country. People seem to be connecting more strongly with a certain cause or aspect of their life and changing their names to identify more strongly with it.
I've thought about it myself a few times, but "Drunken Fool" just doesn't roll trippingly off the tongue...

Old 09-10-2002, 02:19 PM   #15
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

If that had happened to me this wouldne be an option,

"Every time you touched the bird, it gripped harder," she said. "There was a point where it got so painful that I was going to reach down and break its neck myself, but I love animals and I realized the bird was in shock and pain."

I would have necked it as soon as the bugger latched on... maybe its just the fact that i dont really care for animals... they stay outta my way i stay outta theres.
Felix
Old 09-11-2002, 05:24 AM   #16
Epona
Zartan

OUCH!
Having had a parrot latch onto my hand (I have permanent scars on my hands just from where he scratches when he walks on bare skin), I can assure you that no way on this earth would I get near an upset hawk!
Full marks to the woman for trying to help the bird, must have been agony.