Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2002, 05:37 PM   #11
DiabloRex
Elminster

Zidane, the size on the turtles depends a lot on the race. You can, easily, get turtles that wont ever be very big.

Your right though, they make one hell of a mess.
Old 06-23-2002, 05:47 PM   #12
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by DiabloRex:
Zidane, the size on the turtles depends a lot on the race. You can, easily, get turtles that wont ever be very big.
You beat me to it, DR! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Skywalker, the reason why you see so few of them these days might be because a lot of the species are protected now and may not be held as pets anymore.

Oh, BTW, Harkoliar, I have a hamster myself, like them better than mice. They're slightly more "cuddleable", LOL. They are night creatures though, you should bear that in mind. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2002, 06:07 PM   #13
DiabloRex
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
You beat me to it, DR! [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I used to have two turtles, cant remember the race though. Dont have any pets now.
Old 06-23-2002, 06:26 PM   #14
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I used to feed those same white mice to my red tail boa! Unfortunatley he outgrew them....ah well, i wuv my snakey...thats it, get a snake!
Old 06-23-2002, 07:46 PM   #15
AliCat
Drow Warrior

If Saz doesn't see this post, try emailing or PM'ing him -- I think he keeps rats, and could give you some advice.

I used to keep gerbils.... cage gets a bit smelly, if they get out you will have a hell of a time finding them, and make sure if you get more than one that they are the SAME SEX. We thought we had two females. Twelve gerbils later....
Old 06-23-2002, 09:09 PM   #16
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I got a king cobra once, I just let it roam around the house freely, then years later it grew so large that the neighbours complain and in come the government people and took it away.

wahhhhhhhhh!!! I want my snaky back!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2002, 09:21 PM   #17
Arvon
Unicorn

Getting a pet must be more than impulse to have one. You are taking on the commitment of the care and health of the animal. If you decide to go ahead think it through. Rodents take more care than many other animals, in that they need to be cleaned regularly, fed and watered. Their cages will stink very rapidly from urine and poop. You will also have to be on the look out for parasites. Fleas, ticks and mites.
What I'm saying is make your decision carefully and realize you are making a long term comitment.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 06-23-2002, 09:25 PM   #18
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

I saw two baby white mice in the pet store yesterday! Very cute.
I have a 2 dogs myself.

Harkoliar, do you know the natural order of pets in times of crisis?

It goes like this:
Say you were incapacitated, eg: had a stroke and couldn't move or were in a quake and trapped by a wall etc...
Your dog (or pig I believe) will do what whatever it can to help you - get water or food, find help etc.
Your cat will go 'oh well' and take care of itself (might be a bit sad at the loss, but that's life hey? )
A rodent will eventually get hungry and if you happen to be the handiest food source...Yes, it will eat you when the chips are down, no matter how good you've been to it!

[img]smile.gif[/img] This is just what I've heard, and am happily posting with nothing but vauge anecdotal evidence to back it up...
Old 06-24-2002, 04:53 AM   #19
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by AliCat:
If Saz doesn't see this post, try emailing or PM'ing him -- I think he keeps rats, and could give you some advice.

I used to keep gerbils.... cage gets a bit smelly, if they get out you will have a hell of a time finding them, and make sure if you get more than one that they are the SAME SEX. We thought we had two females. Twelve gerbils later....
That's a good idea, Saz does indeed keep rats and is very knowledgable about them.

Alicat, I remember when I was a kid my friend had gerbils, and they bred like rabbits.... er... or maybe like gerbils... oh well you know what I mean [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2002, 05:06 AM   #20
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
I used to feed those same white mice to my red tail boa! Unfortunatley he outgrew them....ah well, i wuv my snakey...thats it, get a snake!
Hey I've always wanted a snake for a pet! If I ever went overseas to where there were snakes, I would get one as a pet.
But maybe I would want a pet which is useful? Like a dog or something...and not one of those little dogs which are slow and go blind and weak quickly (lol Sorry to anyone who likes them)!
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas