Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2002, 10:28 AM   #11
Tiamat
Banned User

Thank you Galadria. I am usually very shy and is a relationship like on tv? Since a blonde broke my heart once, I have got this stunted view.
Old 04-20-2002, 10:55 AM   #12
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

tiamat,you will find that tv and real life have very little in common.
Old 04-20-2002, 11:14 AM   #13
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Tiamat, one thing you gotta learn about a serious relationship is that your partner ALWAYS comes first. Looking after your own needs first has a word in the dictionary...selfish Dont worry put all the hard work in and it pays off
Old 04-20-2002, 11:48 AM   #14
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

you sound like an abusive husband then... lol... women need to be obeyed otherwise the marriage is failed. Remember, they are superior to us... obey the machine...
Old 04-20-2002, 12:11 PM   #15
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
Tiamat, one thing you gotta learn about a serious relationship is that your partner ALWAYS comes first. Looking after your own needs first has a word in the dictionary...selfish Dont worry put all the hard work in and it pays off
[img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] I am stunned... this from the evil Overlord?!?!? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

Ok... this is how it goes in RL.... You give of yourself and your partner should do the same...if not... the relationship won't work. Jewlery is not important to most women (unless it is that all-important engagement ring ) Wildflowers are fine if not more meaningful. One needs to eat and have a roof over one's head, after all. You will figure it out.
Old 04-20-2002, 12:22 PM   #16
Tiamat
Banned User

I am like a virus to the machine.... and Im practically unstoppable!
I am nothing but an Infestation..... mwhahahahaa!
Old 04-20-2002, 12:38 PM   #17
Neb
Account deleted by Request

An infestation, eh? Sounds like we need a doctor to cure it.... Or a flamethrow to burn it away. Your partner always comes first in a relationship.

And Charean, perhaps we can use this in our next "Pick on the Overlord" session? [img]graemlins/evilhaha.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilhaha.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilhaha.gif[/img] "Look at the cute widdle overlord, he's gone all soft [img]tongue.gif[/img] "

It often pays off to put others before yourself, you can't get anything without giving. You reap what you sow.
Old 04-20-2002, 01:18 PM   #18
Lord Shield

heh! well, with Tiamt's attitude it doesn't look like he'll HAVE a relationship that'll last - I hope it was a jokey post

if you keep your partner happy, they will want to keep YOU happy.

Old 04-20-2002, 01:38 PM   #19
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

TV is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy different than RL... because it simply isn't that easy.. in fact... here, you cannot really get lucky... at least that lucky... I wish sometimes it would be as easy in RL.. like in the movies... but then it is hard... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I am now confused... I want to have this feeling of falling out of love for someone... and now I don't know if your approach is better or me being still a romantic idiot? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2002, 02:46 PM   #20
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Tiamat, you may just not realize that in a relationsip that's solid, two people care for each other, support each other and DO put the other first on many levels.

It's not about buying her all sorts of presents and of course you wouldn't starve yourself.. what good is a partner who's debiltated and in poverty? She'd not want that at all! If she did, she's not a good partner!

I think you'll learn in time that sharing and being supportive of one another can be the most rewarding part of your relationship and it makes life so much sweeter to have someone to share things with!

Cloudy