Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2002, 06:43 PM   #11
Zero
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks,Knip,I'll try this.Presumably you have to do it each time you boot up yuor computer eh?
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 10:35 PM   #12
Knip Dyolf
The Magister

Zero,
I do the CTRL+ALT+DEL thingy everytime I play a game
I dont like having unexpected freezes and crashes when I'm just about to finally send some major big arse monster to his maker [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]
Let us know if it solves your problem [img]smile.gif[/img]

Knip
\"Listen, strange women lyin\' in ponds distributin\' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. \"<br />Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Knip Dyolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 09:27 AM   #13
Detah
Dungeon Master

Try this.

1) Make certain you have the v23.11 driver for your video card.
You can get this at
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=windows9x

2) THEN install directx 7.0.

The geforce video cards optimize based on the directx version. Considering the huge difference between directx 7.0 and 8.0, I suspect that your video card's driver is not working correctly, if it was installed when 8.0 was on your system.

Just be thankful you do not have XP, or youd really be having problems. Im sure your problem is solvable.

Detah
Detah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 03:54 AM   #14
RPGreg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Zero,

To further expand on Detah's suggestion, go to Start>Run and type in dxdiag. This will bring up the DirectX Diagnostics. If you click on the Display Tab, you can see what version of the nvidia driver you are using. This information will be listed in the Drivers box in the upper-right corner. The version you want to have installed is: 4.13.01.2311 (Detah mentioned using version 23.11).

Cheers!

Greg