Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2002, 04:58 PM   #1
zaaj
Welcomed New User

Odd thing happened, just got the game and right in the beginning when Hrothgar gave my character the supply list my iventory was filled so the item was dropped to the ground. I cleared a spot and picked up the list and went to the shop but the item was not in my inventory and I can't move forward in the game. Does anyone know if the cheat codes for the PC version work in Mac version so i can respawn the item? Or does anybody have any clue how i can remedy this situation. Very frustrating to be stuck at the very beginning of the game due to a lost item bug.

Thanks for any suggestions.

-zaaj
www.TwistedGamer.com
zaaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 06:56 PM   #2
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Zaaj, welcome to IronWorks! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Given that the supply list quest comes up after you return from the misson to find the lost caravan, you should have an auto-saved game at the point just prior to having re-entered East Haven. If that is the case, try reloading that auto-save, adjusting your inventory and then repeating the dialogue with Hrothgar.
Old 06-03-2002, 07:12 PM   #3
fiery_death_penguin1989
Elite Waterdeep Guard

click this link to get a program called dale keeper, you can get any item you can immagine, and also upgrade stats.
click this
fiery_death_penguin1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 08:22 PM   #4
zaaj
Welcomed New User

Unfortunately I have been back to the caves after I talked with Hrothgar so the Autosave option won't work. Using the savegame editor wouldn't work b/c I have the Mac version. I do have Virtual PC though so I will try that and see if the Mac savegame file is the same as the Windows version. If anybody else thinks of anything it would be much appreciated. And thanks for the welcome.

-zaaj
www.TwistedGamer.com
zaaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 08:33 PM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

zaaj, I don't know if the cheat console works for the Mac like it does for PC, but if it does the item code for the supply list is simply "list". Big shocker, that. [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]

If the cheat console doesn't work, then do an internet search for BrainHex, a hex-editor program for the Mac. Once found, open a saved game in the editor and replace an item carried by a character (such as "boot01" or something) with "list" and save the slot. When you load that game, the character should be carrying the supply list; proceed to Pomab posthaste. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] Good luck!

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote