Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2002, 08:54 PM   #1
Silve
Welcomed New User

When my characters level, they get 1-3 hp. My mage gets 1 hp every time. The fighter gets 3, although this is lower than his con bonus should be giving him (I think). Needless to say, this is a Very Bad Thing (TM)!

I set the preference to max out hp every level way back when, so it's not incredibly bad die-rolling luck. The bug seemed to start after I installed Heart of Winter. Although I have yet to play the HoW stuff, I think I'm near the end with an average party level of 9/10 or so.

Any suggestions for a way to fix it or otherwise tweak their HP so it can be what it should?

Thanks!
Old 05-28-2002, 09:02 PM   #2
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Silve, welcome to IronWorks [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

That sounds like normal game behavior. According to AD&D rules there is a certian level at which characters no longer get a die roll for new hit points but simply get a flat number -- for example: mages 1, clerics 2, fighters 3. As constitution bonuses only apply to die rolls, you will not see them added to these numbers. Depending upon the class, level 9 or 10 is the last point at which your characters will get to roll for new hit points, beyond that it is simply a straight and unmodified number.

Pages 135-136 in the IWD manual show the advancement tables for the various classes including how they acquire hit points at higher levels.
Old 05-28-2002, 10:35 PM   #3
Silve
Welcomed New User

Well, now I feel stupid for not noticing that in the manual. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Thank you for the clear and coherent answer as well as the welcome. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2002, 10:56 PM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

Quote:
Originally posted by Silve:
Well, now I feel stupid for not noticing that in the manual. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
hmmmm... I wouldn't go so far as to say that. You say that you didn't notice something in the manual, which means you actually looked in the manual; this is more than some people accomplish. Give yourself a [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] anyway!

Well, back to my game. If only I could remember how to equip my sword and memorize my spell. [img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote