Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2003, 08:14 AM   #1
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'm playing through NWN for the first time and having a little trouble getting a couple of things to work. Here's what I need to know.

1) How do I assign certain Feats to the Quick Slot Buttons. I used the Slot that had my Summon Familiar feat to store one of my spells temporarily, now I'm having a hard time re-assigning the Summon Familiar feat back to that slot.

2) Is there ANY WAY to have your hired henchmen carry some of the treasure you find. I'm still in Chapter 1 and I've hired Red Tiger to help me out, but I am having to leave some of the heavier stuff I find until I've compledted that particular District, and then return for it later. The sad thing is that I found a +1 Halberd and a suit of Armor somewhere in the Docks District, but now I can't remember where [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img] My Elven Wizard only has a Strength of 10, so it doesn't take long to overload him.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:33 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer

Cerek,

Hope this helps:

(1) Unless the feat is automatically applied, you should be able to find the feat (power attack, knockdown, disarm, summon familiar) on the radial menu. Open the radial menu, right click on the feat and drag it down to quick slot menu. If the feat IS automatically applied (such as cleave), there is no need to assign it to a quick slot. If you need to empty a slot, just right click on it and select the empty slot function at the bottom of the radial menu.

(2) You can access a henchman's inventory in SoU, but IIRC, you can NOT do that in the NWN OC. The only solution is to buy a bunch of bag's of holding and/or use bull's strength to buff your characters carrying capacity. You CAN exceed your character's strength by a LARGE amount but their movement speed drops considerably. For a mage, try casting invisibility while you are in that state to avoid getting jumped. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 08:33 AM   #3
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

1) You just right click on the slot you want to assing it to and the radial menu pops up and you be able to figure it out from there. You will need to remeove what is in the slot firstwhich will be one of the options when you right click on a already filled slot.

2) In SOU no problem. You get full comtrol of your henchman's inventory. In NWN there are some workarounds but nothing in the game that will let you do that. I have not used any but here is link to one http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/hakpack...35995507.shtml . You might just want to do a search on http://nwvault.ign.com and see what different ones you can find. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I hopes this helps,
Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 08:36 AM   #4
Micah Foehammer

There is a Hak for NWN that will allow you to access your henchman's inventory, but it was built before SoU came out and i don't know if it will still work or not. Granamere advice about the vault is good - check out the hak section and see if there is a current version there. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 08-11-2003, 08:40 AM   #5
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Micah Foehammer Scary we posted at almost the same time. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cerek the Barbaric one other thing. When patches come out they normally break the hakpac's that are out there so make sure if you use a hakpak you know what patch level it was made for and wait for updates to the hak before you upgrade to the newest patch.

Granamere

[ 08-11-2003, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Granamere ]
Old 08-11-2003, 08:41 AM   #6
Cerek the Barbaric

Thanks for the help. I should be able to assign the Feat easily enough. I also purchased SoU last week and installed it. This was done BEFORE I hired "DoubleAxe" Red Tiger, but I still couldn't access his inventory.

I would click on his character sheet and then try to check his Inventory, but it just says "You cannot view this henchmen's inventory at this time". What am I doing wrong?
Old 08-11-2003, 08:41 AM   #7
andrewas
Harper

The hakpak works well for equipping your henchman, and the AI improvements are a godsend, if not 100% reliable.

But for just carting loot around, its very clumsy. You have to go through dialogue and then work with containers, and then the henchman will try and equip both his original equipment and the stuff you want him to carry, which could cause problems since I dont think the script can distinguish between a powerful item and a item useful to the character concerned.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:46 AM   #8
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Even with SOU the you can not control the NWN OC henchmen. When you start playing SOU you will have full control of their inventory. [img]smile.gif[/img] Sorry. Yes there are alot of people who wanted that to work also.

It is a problem with how they implemented the hechman level up in the OC. Instead of the henmen leveling up they are removed and a new and improved henchmen is now at your side. Not sure how the inventory hak deals with that but becareful when you level up.

Granamere

Cerek the Barbaric I edited my message up above. I did not realize this thread was going to be so busy. [img]smile.gif[/img] Becarefull about patch upgrades and hakpaks.

[ 08-11-2003, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Granamere ]
Old 08-11-2003, 08:55 AM   #9
Micah Foehammer

Cerek,

Granamere is exactly right - installation of SoU does NOT allow you to access or alter the henchmen inventory in the original campaign. You CAN do it in the SoU campaign though. I don't know WHY it works that way, it just does. [img]smile.gif[/img]

@Granamere - Too scary - our posts were simultaneous. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-11-2003, 10:46 AM   #10
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Micah Foehammer Thanks! I have seen a bunch of people post about how to fix the henchmen inventory issue with the NWN OC and it would be a hugh deal for Bioware to fix it. Plus the size of it would be huge. You would need to replace all of the NWN OC files in C:\NeverwinterNights\NWN\nwm which would be about 72 megs. No big deal for me with high speed Internet but if someone was on dial up. OUCH! Plus I am sure there are some scripts also that would need fixing. Maybe one day when they are not doing anything they will look at it but I am not holding my breath.

Granamere