Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2002, 03:09 PM   #1
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

I think that the designers of this game made an oversight, a big oversight!

They didn't make a single pure class thief!!! (Except Yoshimo, but there is a reason I am leaving him out that includes spoilers. See the bottom of the post for details)

So, maybe we should group together and make a thief! With our many talents, such as scripting and item making, we can make a hell of a thief!

I myself am an Item Maker of good skill, and can make unique items and make them only usable by the thief.

I have ideas for a background to the thief. But I need a good scripter, who can program in game things like speech and maybe even in-game quests!

So, any ideas??? Please post!

YOSHIMO SPOILERS!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

He leaves you in Chapter 4, because he has actaully be geased to Irenicus, and can only obey his every command, which in this case is betray you!
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 03:20 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Actually, DJG, I think there are several "thief" mods in the making. I'm still (slowly) working on the Pace mod, a Swashbuckler (already in the game, found in the Harper Hold), and I think SixofSpades is working on two or three other thieves as well.

However, more mods are always welcome! If you learn WeiDu, you can program your own. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,
-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 03:24 PM   #3
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Actually, DJG, I think there are several "thief" mods in the making. I'm still (slowly) working on the Pace mod, a Swashbuckler (already in the game, found in the Harper Hold), and I think SixofSpades is working on two or three other thieves as well.

However, more mods are always welcome! If you learn WeiDu, you can program your own. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,
-Sazerac
WeiDu? A Link please?
Anyway, my idea.......

Glory Asphodelle, Elven
Chaotic Neutral
Thief, No Kit

STR: 15
DEX: 20
CON: 16
INT: 13
WIS: 04
CHA: 18

When asked about her past, GLORY states that she is from a famous elven family, granted with great thieving powers. She says her family seems to have an unnatural genetic disorder that enhances their dexteriry, and grants them great ability. She decided to follow the natural job line of her family, and become a true thief, dedicated to work for the highest bidder. She fits in well with a party that steals either from the rich for the poor, or to promote their own wealth.
Old 10-10-2002, 03:28 PM   #4
The Ozzman
Zhentarim Guard

How about an Improved Magic Missle Mod. Like at level 20 the missles become 2d6 and you blast out 10 of them or something. For those of you who havent played ToB this spell becomes completely useless. Especially on the Bhaalspawns, even after lowering their magic resistance by over 100% they absorb it like nothing.
Old 10-10-2002, 03:34 PM   #5
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ozzman:
How about an Improved Magic Missle Mod. Like at level 20 the missles become 2d6 and you blast out 10 of them or something. For those of you who havent played ToB this spell becomes completely useless. Especially on the Bhaalspawns, even after lowering their magic resistance by over 100% they absorb it like nothing.
Look on the forum, you'll see item making for you.

It is run by me. Post there, and I'll deal with your request!
Old 10-10-2002, 03:45 PM   #6
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

i don't know who but i know some people are planning on making a mod that adds 3 (possibly 4) thieves to the game, it looks quite good and they may be looking for help.
Old 10-10-2002, 04:17 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DJG:
[QB]WeiDu? A Link please?

Here you go:

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~weimer/bgate/#weidu

Cheers,
-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 05:22 PM   #8
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ozzman:
From what i`ve read, that would be VERY VERY difficult... mainly because of the animation that would be needed, I think...
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 05:40 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Here I am!

I am, indeed, working on a Thief MOD, although I'm certainly not the only one. Daniel, frequently seen on the BG2 and ToB forums, started the ball rolling, and I jumped on with my ideas. Jerr Conner and Illumina Drat'thhar (something vaguely like that spelling) are also from this forum, and we also have a British guy named FreakyTim, who'll probably be working on the map areas for us.

The Thieves that won the vote, and will be in the MOD:
Jenna, a Female Neutral Evil Elven Assassin
Montaron, a Male Neutral Evil Halfling Fighter/Thief
Taev, a Male Lawful Good Human Bounty Hunter
We may also include:
Edna, a Female Chaotic Neutral Half-Orc Cleric/Thief

And yes, Sazerac, we are including Pace in our calculations, so there will be no conflicts between the MODs when they are finished. You're welcome to add your MOD to ours, if you want, and DJG, you're welcome to join the party as well. But if you do, know that Glory Asphodele will not be made in this MOD (we're also planning future MODs) because we've already nailed down which characters we want to make, and also because her stats are too good. (Even Jenna is already overpowered, I've been meaning to speak to Jerr about her.)

We could use a good Item-maker for the MOD, as I'm sure you saw with the Clubs I added to your "Item Making for You" thread.
Old 10-11-2002, 08:01 AM   #10
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

[quote]Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Quote:
[qb]We could use a good Item-maker for the MOD, as I'm sure you saw with the Clubs I added to your "Item Making for You" thread.
Well, I'd be glad to serve as an Item Maker for your mods, give me the exact specific details and me and my team can come up with something!

I can even make Innate Abilities that can be included, so for instance I could make "Speed Rush" which would boost Dexterity, thus boosting thief skills for an hour.

PM me! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]